Today discrimination is no longer acceptable and in many cases is unlawful. As a consequence, we find ourselves concealing our prejudices to the point where we are often not consciously aware of them ourselves. Yet our unconscious biases influence the decisions we make every day.
Workshop dates, times and locations:
- USC Gympie Campus, Thursday 24 August - 1-4pm
- USC Sippy Downs Campus, Friday 8 September 9am - 12noon and 12.30pm to 4.30pm
This four hours course covers the following content:
- what unconscious bias is and where it come from
- how unconscious bias affects decision making
- methods to identify and counteract unconscious bias.
At the completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- understand the meaning of unconscious bias and the psychological basis for it
- identify their own unconscious biases and the underpinning drivers
- identify bias in decision making processes and make necessary changes
- take practical steps to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in the workplace.