Student ID card

Accessibility links

Student ID card


Students must have a student ID card to:

  • access parts of the University
  • access computer labs
  • borrow items from the Library
  • access USC copying and printing services
  • confirm your ID at exams

You must carry your student ID card with you at all times on campus, as security officers may request you provide it as evidence that you are a current student. This helps to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus.

How do I get my student ID card?

  1. Send an email to and attach a photo of yourself*. Ensure your photo meets the specifications below otherwise it will be rejected.
  2. Student Central will create your card and advise via email when it is ready for collection.
  3. On collection of your student ID card you will need to present photo identification, such as a driver's licence, 18+ card or passport.
*Photo must meet the following specifications:
  • Photos must be a colour, JPEG files
  • Background should be plain and light-coloured
  • You must be forward-facing, with your head and shoulders clearly visible
  • No sunglasses, hats or headwear
  • Photos should be portrait orientation, 170 x 240 pixels and no larger than 200KB.

Your first student ID card is issued free of charge but replacement cards will cost $10.00.

Replacement ID cards

If your student ID card has been lost or destroyed, you can contact Student Central to request a replacement card at a cost of A$10. Student Central accepts EFTPOS/Credit card payments only.

A replacement card will be issued once payment has been made. If your card was stolen and you can provide a police report as proof of this, the A$10 fee may be waived.

Change of name on ID Card

If you require a new student ID card because of a change of name, you must apply to change your name on USC records by completing a Change of personal details form.

You must provide documentary evidence supporting your change of name.

You can apply for a change of name if:

  • your name has been changed with Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
  • you wish to revert to a former name
  • your name on USC Central is incorrect
  • you wish your name to appear differently on your Testamur due to cultural or religious reasons

Once your change of name has been completed on your USC student record, you will be issued with a replacement ID card at no cost.

Expired ID cards

If your student ID has expired but you are still studying at USC, you can obtain a replacement card by presenting your expired ID card at Student Central.

Back to top

Back to top

Searching {{ model.SearchType }} for "{{ model.Query }}" returned more than {{ model.MaxResults }} results.
The top {{ model.MaxResults }} of {{ model.TotalItems }} are shown below, ordered by relevance ({{ model.TotalSeconds }} seconds)

Searching {{ model.SearchType }} for "{{ model.Query }}" returned {{ model.TotalItems }} results, ordered by relevance ({{ model.TotalSeconds }} seconds)

Searching {{ model.SearchType }} for "{{ model.Query }}" returned no results.

No search results found for