Tuesday 2 August 2016
TransLink is proposing changes to the bus network on the Sunshine Coast to support the planned opening of the Sunshine Coast University Hospital in early 2017, and wants your feedback on the proposed changes.
Key changes include:
- New facilities at the new SCUH, including a new bus station and introduction of one new bus route
- Direct services to SCUH from Maroochydore, Caloundra, University of Sunshine Coast and destinations in between
- Weekend services will be introduced to some areas where they did not previously run, operating every hour
- Increase in service frequency and hours of operation for route 607, servicing the core SCUH operating hours
- Route 611 (Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Kawana and SCUH) is a new route. It will operate every 30 minutes on weekdays, and every hour on weekends.
There will be a community consultation session with Translink staff at the University of the Sunshine Coast bus station, Sippy Downs on Tuesday 9 August from 9am–5.30pm. You can also complete the online survey at haveyoursay.translink.com.au (closes midnight Sunday 14 August) or call TransLink on 13 12 30.