3 October 2017
The USC Sports Awards are an annual event held by the University to recognise the sporting Students' major achievements between 1 October 2016 – 30 September 2017.
The following awards are available to students who meet the criteria:
Half Blue Award:
- A Half Blue award will be awarded to students who have made a minimum level of Green and Gold honours at an AUG, or national representation in a sport not available at AUS events.
Full Blue Award:
- Has previously received a Half Blue and has reproduced or bettered their results of the previous year OR
- Produced outstanding results at an international sporting competition (discretion of the selection committee) OR
- Competed at a World Championships as part of a National Sporting Team, (the Committee will evaluate the application according to the relative strength of the championship) OR
- Competed at Olympic or Commonwealth Games.
- Has previously received a Full Blue Award and has reproduced or bettered their results of the previous year.
Sportsperson of the Year:
- University student considered to have produced the best results in their sporting arena as determined by the Sports Awards Committee.
Applicants must be
- proceeding towards an academic award at the University of the Sunshine Coast and must have completed at least one unit of study.
- Official national or international championships or competitions, recognised by a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that is endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission;
- A selected official Queensland or Australian team, endorsed by the relevant National Sporting Organisation (NSO).