Media & Communication Officer, East Coast HR Group - Sunshine Coast, QLD
About the role
The Media and Communications team is seeking a motivated and flexible team member to step up and cover essential communication tasks as we transition to a new structure. The candidate will need to be comfortable working independently, and demonstrate good IT and writing skills.
This position is a full-time project role for approx. 3 months commencing as soon as possible. The role will be very diverse and requires multi-tasking a range of interesting and creative tasks, from monitoring news and media coverage, liaising with external suppliers, updating the intranet and website, and using online tools such as Mail Chimp, Canva and Facebook.
Applicants must have:
- Communications Degree or similar
- Ability to write concise, readable copy with correct spelling and grammar
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills
- Familiar with website Content Management Systems (preferably Wordpress and Cornerstone).
- Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Mail Chimp skills are desirable but not essential.
Applications close 30 October 2017
New Graduate Occupational Therapists, Revita Aged Care - Sunshine Coast, QLD
About the Role
Graduates have the opportunity to work in small teams, and work with great people. Apply clinical reasoning skills in order to achieve great outcomes for seniors and their families. The working conditions would be autonomous and each day is different.
The role will include a variety of services such as:
- Musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiothoracic care
- Strength training (falls and balance)
- Pain management and complex care
- Multidisciplinary team
- Full AHPRA Registration (or eligible to apply)
Applications close 30 October 2017
Consulting Engineer Cisco - Melbourne, Victoria
About the role:
- Design and create architectures and solutions for challenging Service Provider and Enterprise customers
- Work on customer sites across Australia and New Zealand to implement and test these solutions
- Bring your understanding of networking and development together to address service fulfilment and assurance problems across Service Providers and Enterprises
- Collaborate with sales and product development teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Maths or Physics
- Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or New Zealand Citizen
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages with emphasis on Java and Python, as well as good knowledge of databases, Linux, scripting and OpenStack
- Understanding of key network principles and technologies such as IP/MPLS and SDN
- Possess creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team with excellent verbal and written skills.
Applications close 11 November 2017
Research Associate Intern - Seven Pillars Institute for Global Finance and Ethics (SPI) - Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
SPI is recruiting interns who are looking for opportunities to contribute and develop an exciting new venture to change the conventional paradigm of finance. The internship will provide invaluable experience in research, writing and entrepreneurship. In addition, each intern will be listed and featured on SPI's website. Research and papers will be attributed to their authors.
At the end of the internship period, the Institute will award a prize for the best essay or research handed in by an intern. The prize comprises a cash award of US$250 each.
Ideal candidates will be undergraduate students majoring in Finance, Business, Economics, Politics, History, Law or Journalism; or graduate students pursuing a Masters or Doctoral degree in these fields.
Candidates will posses:
- strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills
- an eagerness to take initiative
- the effective use of social media and internet outreach.
Please note: Individual work may be performed offsite while meetings and collaborative work will be done online. Interns are not to reside in Kansas City, Missouri during the term of the internship.
Applications close 13 November 2017
Business Development & Management Graduate Program - Sunshine Coast
Allan Hall HR Services (AHHR)
MM Electrical Merchandising (MMEM) is the Australian leader in the electrical wholesale industry and need enthusiastic and highly entrepreneurial budding leaders to help shape their future.
About the Program
Over the course of the program, graduates will be rotated through all areas of the business, to ensure an intimate understanding of the business's core functions, operations and processes. Throughout your first year, successful candidates will work within three different branches, gaining exposure to a variety of management styles and business development strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales and business development and a desire to become a future leader in a dynamic customer service environment.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great rapport and relationship building skills
- A desire and passion for leadership opportunities
- The capability to work autonomously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Drive and enthusiasm for long-term career success
Applications close 13 November 2017
Volunteer Activation at Australia Zoo - Surf Lifesaving QLD, Sunshine Coast
We are seeking friendly volunteers to represent Surf Lifesaving Queensland at Australia Zoo for community awareness on 14 November 2017.
This role will involve exploring the zoo and engaging with patrons by distributing flyers with surf safety messaging, whilst representing a positive brand image for Surf Life Saving Queensland.
- Yellow and red volunteer T-shirt (provided)
- Dark trousers/pants or knee length skirt/pants (red pants may be provided)
- Enclosed, clean, comfortable footwear
Register your interest today to join the team for the event!
Applications close 14 November 2017
Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Scientist - Full Time
Cisco is looking for a graduate to join their leading Data Science team in Sydney.
About the role:
This role is for a Business Intelligence Analyst and will focus on the generation of business insights using machine learning and data science techniques to gather, analyse, and report on data from our fleet of over 200,000 devices. Successful candidates will provide business insights to our global IT team.
- Provide insights into operational health by developing business intelligence reports sourcing from different systems (e.g. SCCM, SAP Business Objects and other SQL database servers).
- Contribute to key business decisions by providing data-driven insights derived from complex data investigations, data mining and statistical modelling.
- Undertake complex data investigations by extracting, cleansing, combining, manipulating and analysing large datasets from multiple sources.
- Assist in producing business value cases.
The ideal candidate will possess relevant qualifications related to data analytics, data science, behavioural economics, IT, computer science or mathematics.
The candidate will:
- be a tenacious problem-solver with a strong attention to detail and revel in translating raw data into meaningful insights
- have outstanding communication and presentation skills with a good balance of business and technical skills
- pride themselves in being accountable for producing accurate and reliable numbers.
Applications close 17 November 2017
Registered Nurse (NoosaCare Inc.) - Sunshine Coast QLD
About the role:
As a Registered Nurse, you will:
- Take the responsibility and accountability for your actions and acts to mitigate unsafe nursing practice and/or unprofessional conduct, whilst providing appropriate delegation and supervision of nursing care to other Enrolled Nurses (ENs) and Persona Carer (PCs).
- Contribute to positive patient outcomes by leading the assessment, planning and evaluating of nursing care in collaboration with the patient and/or their family and the clinical team.
- Actively participate in activities to achieve team performance indicators and meet relevant standards.
- Actively promote a learning culture by supporting colleagues; fulfilling portfolio responsibilities and participating in Performance and Development Plans (PDP).
- Contribute positively to health outcomes by participating in quality initiatives, research activities and practice development.
- Actively get involved in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, workplace health and safety and ethical behaviour.
- Strictly follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with NoosaCare INC Values.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Mandatory possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Possession of a current annual licence certificate
- Current criminal record check.
Please note: Available positions require a versatile and flexible RN able to work morning, afternoon and possibility some night Shifts. New Graduates already registered with AHPRA are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 19 November 2017
Engineering Volunteer Placement - Hanoi, Vietnam
This placement is suitable for Engineering 3rd or 4th-year undergraduate/postgraduate students (or professionals).
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to enhance your inter-cultural, interpersonal, communication and technical skills, whilst sharing your knowledge with local staff and villagers. They will work collaboratively to design, implement and evaluate an upgrade to the current water and sanitation systems. Candidates will also deliver education for local villagers on water and sanitation hygiene. Supervision will be overseen by Vietnamese Engineering staff for the duration of your placement. Hours worked can be recorded in students' logbooks.
This placement is with a not-for-profit project located in a rural village 2 hours east of Hanoi. Placements are for 4 weeks and commence on 2 January 2018 in a small group.
Applications close 2 December 2017
Mumfords Lawyers (Law Assistant) - Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
Mumfords Lawyers is looking for an individual with the following qualities to join our boutique law firm:
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Touch typist with good accuracy
- Discreet and tactful
- Efficient and well-organised
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative, and;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Reception & answering/directing telephone enquiries
- Dictation and typing
- File management
- Preparing legal documents & transcripts
- General office duties.
A first or second-year law student, or individual intending to study law in the future would be suitable for this role.
Applications close 23 December 2017
Graduate Teachers Required! - Smart Teachers Australia (Worldwide)
About the position:
- In Australia, teaching positions are becoming available for Term 1, 2018
- Overseas opportunities are available in England, Asia and the Middle East
- Permanent or contract jobs, for full-time or part-time work.
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers Australia:
- It is a completely free service
- Members gain access to exclusive positions that are not advertised
- Career mentoring, CV preparation and interview coaching
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Currently completing an education qualification
- Looking to secure teaching employment for 2018
- Excited to hear about local and/ or overseas jobs.
Applications close 15 January 2018
..and 200+ jobs of all types are listed on the new-look Student Hub! Paid jobs, casual jobs, internships, graduate positions…have a look today!
Explore Student Hub for a world of job and work placement opportunities or make an appointment to invest in your future with the Career Development team today!