Brisbane City Council (BCC) - Corporate Cadet Program Sunshine Coast
Council’s Corporate Finance has direct interface across the entire organisation from administering Council’s property rates to allocation and management of Council’s budget for all of Councils diverse programs and projects.
The Cadet will have exposure to the following teams:
- Treasury & Analysis
- Financial Accounting & External Reporting
- Enterprise Performance Management
Duration: Up to 12 months.
So how can you change the future of Brisbane?
- by joining us for 12 months as a Corporate Cadet
- by being in your last or penultimate year of your degree
- by being able to commit to working 2 full days a week
- by having 12 months left before you complete your degree
Applications close 26 September 2017
||Unity Water - Sunshine Coast QLD
Our 2018 Graduate Opportunities
We are proud to have five opportunities available for recent graduates who are interested in a career in:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Business Insights
- People and Culture
In addition to your degree qualification, we are also interested in what makes you tick.
Applications close 25 September 2017
|Teacher - Primary and Secondary - Normanton State School QLD
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A genuine passion for teaching
- The resilience to work in a remote community
- A demonstrated understanding of and respect for individual, social and cultural differences
- The ability to earn the respect of your students and their families through your exceptional rapport building skills
- The adaptability and perseverance to maintain professional standards and a positive attitude
Applications close 12 October 2017
||Junior Software Developer - Albion Brisbane: Orange Sky Laundry
The role: As a key member Orange Sky's tech team, you'll be the wing-man or wing-woman to our lead software developer working across all aspects of development, maintenance and optimisation. More specifically, you will:
- Learn the software development process
- Develop and implement a variety of tools in collaboration with the technical team to support a broad range of functions, including finance, fundraising, volunteering, communications and human resources
- Build upon interactive and closed-loop tools developed by the technical team
- Continue to develop and optimise OSA's primary mobile application
- Hunt and fix bugs
- Create tools and applications to streamline data input into OSA's primary database
- Assist the technical team to manage the OSA database and manipulate data
- Raise questions and seek clarity with ideas and processes
- Strive to achieve goals within agreed budget and time constraints
- Continue to learn and hone skills as a software developer through participation in a wide variety of projects, hackathon events and ongoing professional development
- Assist in solving office technical support issues, including but not limited to; computer, internet, printers and other ancillary devices, web-based applications.
This role would suit an undergraduate software engineering student with a fanatical interest in coding. Ideally, you will have skills in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Languages: PHP, SQL, Bash
- Platforms: Linux/Unix environments, Apache, Git
Applications close 25 September 2017
Casual Marketing Assistant - Nambour QLD
RSL Services & Citizens Club Nambour Inc
The successful candidate will assist the Club’s marketing and administration department. This will include but is not limited to:
- Event marketing
- Digital marketing
- Data extraction & entry
- Mail-out collation and lodging
- Membership administration
- Public relations
- Community relations
- Administration tasks
We are seeking a person with the following skills:
- Intermediate excel skills
- Experience in adobe acrobat suite, publisher or corel draw (not essential)
- Data entry skills
- Administrative skills (computer savvy, friendly confident phone manner, accurate and detailed).
- Social media gun (instagram & facebook)
- Photography flair
Applications close 30 September 2017
Indigenous Cadet - Australia Wide (Fulltime, Paid)
Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
The ATO Indigenous Cadetship program is a great way to be supported through your tertiary studies and give your career a head start.
The Indigenous Cadetship program is a two to three-year development program that combines university study with practical work placements and an offer of a guaranteed job with us upon completion of your degree.
Each year of study, cadets undertake a minimum of 90 days in a work placement and are paid a wage while they study. Ultimately, this program is the first step in a great career where you know that what you do will make a difference.
Cadets will be provided with professional development opportunities to enable them to work effectively in the ATO and the Australian Public Service.
Applications close 28 September 2017
|Sunshine Coast Council’s My Summer Workplace internship program (Paid, Contract)
My Summer Workplace - Sunshine Coast Council
$734 per week (over 4 days) - 12 weeks (Nov 17 – Feb 18)
About the role:
Tertiary students are encouraged to get the most out of their summer by joining Sunshine Coast Council’s My Summer Workplace Internship Program. My Summer Workplace provides students with the opportunity to gain experience in their chosen profession with one of Australia’s most dynamic local government organisations.
Placement Opportunities relate to the following areas of study:
- Event Management
- Economic Development
- Environmental Science
- Landscape Architecture
- Town Planning
- Information Technology
- Property Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
Applications close 23 September 2017
Downer Group Finance Graduate Program - Major Australian Cities.
Downer is looking to develop its next generation of Finance talent through a two-year structured graduate program that will develop your understanding of our business and provide insight into how finance plays a critical role in ensuring we deliver value for our customers.
As a recent graduate with a keen interest in Accounting, Finance or Commerce, you will be an energetic team player, committed to reaching your full potential through hard work, continuous improvement and collaboration.
If you are passionate about making a difference, prepared to broaden your horizons and want to learn about finance in an organisation that shapes our urban environment, we want to hear from you.
- Recent graduate with commercial orientation
- An appetite for ongoing growth and preparedness to step out of comfort zone
- Proven ability to take initiative and seek positive business outcomes
- Ability to demonstrate clear analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a broad spectrum of people
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
Applications close 31 October 2017
Exercise Physiologist/Vacation Work - Tin Can Bay QLD
- Vacation work (4 to 5 weeks)
- Great location at Tin Can Bay tourist spot (Fishing, Camping, Boating)
- Gateway to Fraser Island
- Rate: $30 to $35/ hour; depends on experience.
About the opportunity
We are seeking an EP who is interested in joining us for vacation work to cover the holidays time of other EP and provide goal focused restorative programs. This role is for 4 -5 weeks November/ December 2017 and working mainly in the mornings for 5 days. No weekend work.
We have an exciting opportunity on offer for a Casual Exercise Physiologist to join in our dynamic team in our Seniors rehab clinic in Tin Can Bay. You will be focussed on leading the development, implementation and review of the strength and balance programs in line with each client’s needs and goals.
Applications Close: 13 October 2017
Marketing & Communications Assistant - Sunshine Coast QLD
National Agri Solutions Pty Ltd (NAS)
We are a young business that is looking to better service our clients/customers whilst developing new business relationships.
We would feel comfortable in engaging a person in social media strategies, marketing strategies, website functionality (SEO, etc), data-basing and general business communications (email, skype, IM, face-to-face).
We are open and negotiable to hours/days per week engaged as most tasks will be able to be performed remotely. We will provide training and support along the way through weekly meetings and on-going phone/skype/email communications.
Applications close 4 October 2017
..and 200+ jobsof all types and descriptions are listed on the new-look Student Hub! Paid jobs, casual jobs, internships, graduate positions…have a look today!
Explore Student Hubfor a world of job and work placement opportunities or make an appointment to invest in your future with the Career Development team today!