Graduation documents

Accessibility links

Graduation documents


All graduates will receive a Testamur, Official Statement of Academic Record and an Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS).

  • Testamur—A testamur is the official certification document that confirms a qualification has been awarded to an individual.

  • Official Statement of Academic Record—An Official Statement of Academic Record is a certified statement detailing your academic record at USC. The Official Statement of Academic Record (academic transcript) issued at your graduation contains the date the award was conferred as well as a notation of “Requirements Completed” and will list any major(s) and minor(s) confirmed by your faculty.

  • Graduation Statement (AHEGS)—The Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) describes the nature, level, context and status of the studies that were completed by graduates and comprises information about the award, institution, graduate’s academic achievements and the Australian higher education system.

Statement of Completion is your notification that you have completed your program. The Statement of Completion can be used as proof of your graduate status until you receive your graduation documents.

Receiving your documents

Graduates who attend their Graduation Ceremony will receive their documents during the ceremony.

Graduation documents are posted to in absentia graduates within 10 working days of the ceremony.

Ensure your documents are sent to the correct address by keeping your contact details up-to-date on USC Central. Please be aware that mailing times to international destinations can vary greatly from country to country.

Replacing your Testamur

If you require a replacement testamur as the original testamur has been irretrievably lost or damaged, or you have changed your name, complete an Application for Replacement Testamur form. You must provide supporting documentation and pay a fee as listed on the form.

Replacing your Official Statement of Academic Record

Replacement academic transcripts can be requested through Student Central.

Using postnominals

Once your program as been conferred, you are entitled to use postnominals. Your program is normally conferred at the next graduation ceremony which will be the date you are able to start using your postnominals.

Postnominals are the letters placed after a person’s name to indicate education qualifications, title of office, decoration or honour. For example, a Doctor of Philosophy has the postnominals PhD (or, alternatively, the prefix of Dr can be used), while a Bachelor of Business has the postnominals BBus. If you wish to indicate that your qualification was obtained at the University of the Sunshine Coast, follow the postnominal for the qualification with , Sunshine Coast. For example BBus, Sunshine Coast.

The authorised award abbreviation of your degree name can be inserted as a postnominal after your surname on items such as business cards and resumes.

Areas of study (majors and minors) do not appear in your postnominals, for example, a student completing a Bachelor of Business with a major in Management can use the award abbreviation BBus, while a student completing the named Bachelor of Business (Management) can use BBus(Mgt).

For your authorised award abbreviation, find your program under Courses and Programs and refer to ‘Award abbreviation’.

Back to top

Searching {{model.SearchType}} for "{{model.Query}}" returned more than {{model.MaxResults}} results.
The top {{model.MaxResults}} of {{model.TotalItems}} are shown below, ordered by relevance ({{model.TotalSeconds}} seconds)

Searching {{model.SearchType}} for "{{model.Query}}" returned {{model.TotalItems}} results, ordered by relevance ({{model.TotalSeconds}} seconds)

Searching {{model.SearchType}} for "{{model.Query}}" returned no results.

No search results found for