If you have completed undergraduate study or have gained extensive professional experience and are preparing to apply to university, follow the steps below.
This information is for domestic applicants, if you are an international applicant refer to how to apply for International students.
Ready to apply?
To find out when to apply, refer to the application dates for key dates and deadlines.
Check the admission requirements of your chosen postgraduate program.
To be eligible for admission as a domestic student to a postgraduate program at the University of the Sunshine Coast, an applicant needs to:
- have completed a bachelor degree from an Australian higher education institution or recognised equivalent. In addition, programs may have additional requirements including:
- some prior study in a particular area
- a minimum GPA in undergraduate study
- particular work or professional experience
- professional standing / recognition in, or membership of, a professional body
- With Graduate Certificate programs, alternative entry criteria may be specified such as:
- formal study undertaken for awards at the sub-degree level;
- programs provided by recognised professional bodies, employers and other authorities;
- relevant professional registration or vocational experience; and
- demonstrable expertise.
USC makes admission offers for postgraduate programs to applicants who are judged to have a reasonable expectation of success in the program to which they are made an offer, in accordance with the Admissions, Enrolments and Graduation - Academic Policy.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you need to meet the minimum English language requirements for your chosen program.
Complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Note: If applying for the Master of Psychology (Clinical), Master of Professional Psychology or the Master of Counselling, you must also complete relevant additional forms. Refer to Application for Master of Psychology (Clinical), Application for Master of Professional Psychology or Application for Master of Counselling for more information.
Exception - Graduate Diploma in Education
Apply online through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) except:
- if you have had an enrolment in the past two years in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at USC you are not required to apply for admission to USC Graduate Diploma in Education through QTAC. If you are in this category, apply directly to USC by completing and submitting the Application for postgraduate coursework form.
When studying at university, you will need to budget for fees, study-related costs and living expenses.
- HECS-HELP — Commonwealth supported students (Australian citizens or permanent humanitarian visa holders).
- FEE-HELP — Fee-paying students (Australian citizens or permanent humanitarian visa holders). Also available for students who decline Commonwealth supported place and are charged full fees.
- SA-HELP — Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders for assistance with paying Student Services and Amenities Fees only.
You may be eligible to gain credit for prior studies or work experience.
When you have successfully completed and submitted your application it will be assessed and you will be advised by mail if you have been made an offer.
If you have questions about your application: