Planning your enrolment is an important start to your university life. It is an exciting time where you explore your options and plan your courses for your first semester/session.
- To help choose your courses go to your program page and refer to the 'What will I study?' tab. This is where your program requirements are listed. You must follow these requirements in order to successfully complete your study program. This includes any majors and/or minors and if you have any post-admission requirements (undergraduate programs only).
- Next, find your study plan to view which courses you need to enrol in (core courses), when they are offered and which choices you have for any elective courses:
- Undergraduate students, from your program page, select the 'Plan your study' tab to view your study plan.
- TPP students should refer to the recommended TPP courses for USC programs and find the undergraduate program you wish to continue on to after TPP from the list to view the recommended courses to enrol in.
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
Major and minor planning
Most undergraduate programs allow students to select a major and/or minor area of study. Refer to your program requirements on the 'What will I study?' tab on your program page to see if you are eligible or required to undertake a major and/or minor. Some programs have majors/minors already built-in.
Credit for prior study
If you have completed previous tertiary study relevant to your program at USC you can apply for credit toward your study.
Also, recognition of prior learning (RPL) is available for knowledge and learning obtained through informal studies or work-related learning.
Apply for credit as soon as possible, as it can take a number of weeks to be processed. For more information, refer to Credit and recognition of prior learning.
To help you plan your enrolment with credit follow the Planning your study instructions.