Orientation to USC and HDR Induction
Orientation to USC - Welcome to new students, will involve a range of optional social and official welcome activities as well as voluntary workshops. Visit Orientation to USC - Welcome to new students for more information, including event and session times and locations.
The Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) induction helps candidates to navigate the support and services available to them throughout candidature and provides information about the structure and requirements of their HDR program. Visit HDR induction for more information.
Student ID cards
As a new student, you must obtain a student ID card. Your student ID card is needed to:
- access computer labs and HDR Study Centres
- borrow items from the Library
- use USC copying and printing services
- confirm your identity at exams
To receive your ID card, you can either:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a passport style photo. * We will create your card and advise when it is ready for collection from Student Central; OR
- Come into Student Central, Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs campus during office hours and have your photo taken.
On collection of your ID card you will need to present your letter of offer and photo identification, such as drivers licence, 18+ card or passport.
* Photos should be a passport-style headshot with a maximum file size of 5MB.
For more information, visit Student ID card.
Campus map and academic calendars
As an enrolled student you also have access to the University Library. For full details of the resources available to researchers, please visit Guides at USC library.
You should organise an introduction to the research support the Library offers. For more information contact your faculty librarian.
Student Wellbeing offers a range of services including counselling, health and wellbeing and disability services. For more information, visit student support.
Got questions? Search for answers in askUSC. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Message us via the ’Ask a question’ tab.
We look forward to welcoming you as a student of the University of the Sunshine Coast.