The University of the Sunshine Coast offers credit for some or all of your home country qualifications or prior learning. This means that international students can, under specified conditions, gain credit for previous study and qualifications towards a USC qualification.
USC offers credit for previous study at other Higher Education providers (both within and outside of Australia), TAFE and VET providers.
- Credit for previous study
International students with a recognised degree, or part of a degree or other qualification (for example the French BTS and DUT's), may receive credit for previous study towards a USC qualification. The amount of credit is determined on a case by case basis.
- International Baccalaureate
USC offers credit into a range of undergraduate degree programs to students who have successfully completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. Students may gain up to four courses of credit depending on the IB subjects completed and their choice of USC degree program.
Information on the credit available for IB subjects can be found at Credit for International Baccalaureate students.
- Credit transfer precedents
Find precedents in the Credit transfer calculator for the institution (outside of Australia) where you have previously undertaken study.
To apply for credit:
- complete the Application for Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (PDF 395KB) * and attach to your International Student Application form;
- include detailed supporting documentation about your prior studies, including subject/course descriptions; and
- email your academic history to email@example.com along with your USC application form, and we'll advise how quickly you can obtain your USC degree
Credit transfer is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
If you are an international student and would like to find out more about applying for credit towards your USC degree, please contact USC International.