Semester 2, 2016: 18-22 July
Orientation to USC is the official start of your academic year and our welcome to new students. It's the time to find out more about your program, familiarise yourself with your campus, meet fellow students, attend information sessions, discover what university study (and uni life) is all about, and have some fun.
- Sunshine Coast (incl. USC Noosa): Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 July
- USC Gympie: Wednesday 20 July
- USC Fraser Coast: Thursday 21 July
- USC SouthBank: Friday 22 July
- Headstart and Integrated Learning Pathway students should refer to Headstart and ILP Orientation information
- Indigenous Orientation
Welcome to USC
Watch our Welcome to USC video and hear about other students' experiences from their first year at uni and how they made the most of their university orientation during Orientation to USC.
Watch past years Orientation highlights video and get a feel of what to expect at Orientation to USC. Hear student tips on what not to miss and check out other cool things you can do.
- Once you've received your offer and enrolled in your courses you can access USC101 Students Guide to USC using your student login details.
- Attend a pre-semester academic skills workshop to brush up on your study skills.
- Register for one or more of the academic support programs or services on offer.
- Complete the key activities listed at preparing for uni.
- Find out what study materials you may need.
- Connect with new students, just like yourself, on the Starting at USC Facebook page.
Pre-semester study skills workshops
These intensive modules will help you develop skills and strategies to meet the challenges of university study. Topics include time management, notetaking, reading strategies, referencing and critical thinking. Tertiary Preparation Pathway students (TPP) are welcome to attend and there are also sessions specifically for postgraduate students.
Your Orientation checklist:
- Collected your student ID.
- Attended your Essential Program Information session.
- Met a student mentor.
- Participated in a mentor-guided campus tour.
- Got your IT sorted by attending one of the IT sessions or by consulting an IT connector.
- Visited the Library info sessions and taken a Library Tour.
- Attended an academic skills session.
- Explored the Market Stalls to see what support and services are available to you during your studies.
- Visited the Student Guild (your student association) stalls.
- Collected your free student diary and goodie bag.
International student extra Orientation checklist items:
- Attended your compulsory International Orientation.
- Attended Surf Safety and Aussie Environment session.
- Attended your Welcome BBQ and registration event.
Once you have received an offer to study at USC follow these steps to get started.
Maps are available of the University's campus and locations at Sippy Downs, Fraser Coast, Noosa, Gympie, South Bank, Nor…