Visit HDR Scholarships to browse postgraduate research scholarships currently open for applications. Note the title of the scholarship you wish to be considered for so that you can include this on your application form. You will only be considered for scholarship(s) you nominate on your application form.
Step 2: Prepare an application form and supporting documents
Select the relevant application form option from the two choices below (appropriate to whether you are a New Applicant or a Current USC HDR candidate).
Review the Important information prior to preparing your application.
The application for postgraduate research scholarship is contained within the Application for Admission HDR and PGRS form. Refer to HDR applicants to access the application form and detailed information on how to prepare a complete application. Incomplete applications cannot be progressed for assessment.
Current USC Higher Degree by Research candidates
If you are currently undertaking your HDR at USC, or if you applied within the past six months, you have the option to apply for a scholarship opportunity in two ways:
1. You may complete the one page Postgraduate research scholarship application form (PDF 77KB) if you are confident that the information contained in your recent Application for Admission is current and represents your best opportunity to be competitive for a scholarship.
2. If you have further information to add, e.g. a publication or further research, you are advised to complete a new HDR application and include this additional information.
The Selection of Candidates for Postgraduate Research Scholarship - Protocol (PDF 100KB)* provides additional information you require to apply for a scholarship, the selection criteria and assessment matrix used to rank your application in order of merit. It is recommended you are familiar with the content to assist in the preparation of your strongest possible application for scholarship. Please do not submit your application until you have read this important document as you may submit an incomplete or incorrect application which may not be considered for scholarship.
As per the Protocol, International Scholarships may only be awarded to students undertaking research in an area identified by USC as a research concentration. Further detail on USC's Research Centres and Clusters is available at Research and innovation.
- Selection of Candidates for Postgraduate Research Scholarships - Managerial Policy
- Selection of Candidates for Postgraduate Research Scholarships - Procedures
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
Step 3: Submit your application by the scholarship closing date
Information on scholarship closing dates are provided on the scholarship ad. You must submit your complete application by the closing date for your application to be considered.
Most scholarships are considered in one of the three rounds. Visit HDR Scholarships for information on the closing dates for each round, and to access specific scholarship ads.
Current USC candidates submit their applications to email@example.com.
New applicants submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide original or certified copies of supporting documents to:
Postgraduate Research Scholarships Officer
Office of Research
University of the Sunshine Coast, ML 26
Maroochydore DC Qld 4558