Keep on top of your studies by taking advantage of the wide range of academic and study support services available to you, including workshops and events, one-to-one support and online study resources. We also have STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) skills support available at all campuses.
These sessions offer extra help with researching, referencing, or writing assignments.
- Academic skills @ Sippy Downs
- Student Central — 12noon–1pm (weekdays)
- Library Information Desk - 10:30-11:30am and 2.30–3.30pm (until Week 13)
Extra library drop-ins 2.30-3.30pm weekdays (Weeks 10-13) @ Sippy Downs
- Academic skills @ SouthBank (Weeks 1-13)
- Academic skills @ Gympie (Weeks 1-13)
- Academic skills @ Fraser Coast (Weeks 1-13)
- Budi — Business drop in @ SippyDowns
- HEIdi — Health, Education, Information drop in @ Sippy Downs
- PASSdi — Psychology, Arts and Social Sciences drop in @ Sippy Downs
- Popup Squad - STEM (Science and Maths) drop in @ Sippy Downs
Top 5 Study support FAQs
- Academic skills advisers—receive assistance with your specific learning needs.
- Student Mentor program—be matched with a friendly and experienced student who will help you through your first semester.
- Student Success team—this team talks with hundreds of students about their studies and assists them to connect with relevant information and support services.
- Academic skills—locate information on how to reference, structure essays and reports, speak publicly, write academically, punctuate correctly and more. Just visit Blackboard/USC Community/My Organisations/Academic Skills.
- Student Hub—book appointments and workshops online. One-on-one academic skills advice available at any time during your study. Workshops are available before and during the semester. Log in using your USC username and password and select appointments.
- Yourtutor—receive free, live online academic skills advice between 3pm – midnight from Sunday to Friday (ends Week 13). Access Yourtutor via Blackboard/USC Community/My Organisations/Yourtutor.
Workshops and group sessions
- Pre-semester skills workshops—brush up on your academic writing, study and proofreading skills before the semester starts
- Tertiary Enabling Program (TEP)—offers enabling courses in subject areas such as Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biology and Physiology. TEP runs throughout the semester.
- Study Essentials workshops—1–2 hour workshops held throughout semester on topics such as essay and report writing.
- English language and writing support—for students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Library help—in person or online library help is available to make your research more effective.
- Research Essentials Workshops—designed to assist Higher Degree Research candidates in their professional development as researchers.
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)—provides regularly scheduled, out-of-class, peer facilitated study sessions.
Visit Student Central, on the Ground level of Building C to access a range of support services and administrative help.