This module is designed for students with English as a first language. This module is scheduled as 4 x 2 hour sessions run over the first four weeks of semester.
Students with English as an additional language (EAL) are encouraged to register for one of the English for Academic Study (EAS) modules.
This four-week module covers the following topics:
- sentence and paragraph structure,
- communicating meaning (function of verbs and tenses),
- organising and connecting ideas,
- paraphrasing and proofreading.
Academic Writing (Parts 1, 2, 3 & 4) - to complete the entire module please register in student hub to attend all four parts.
To register for Academic Skills workshops:
- Log into Student Hub using your USC username and password
- Under the Home tab navigate to Academic Advice
- Select View or register for Academic Skills workshops and events
- Contact Student Central for assistance.
Visit Study essentials for other workshops you may be interested in.