At USC, one of our goals is to enhance your engagement in your studies and maximise your success.
We want you to know about all the student support that is available and we want you to access and use these services.
We will invite you to participate in all sorts of activities, clubs and events … and we encourage you to actively participate.
We will ask you about your student experience … and we value your feedback and suggestions.
And we want you to know that, because we care about your success, we will keep an eye on your academic progress throughout your program. Our Student Success team or other support staff or student peer advisors or mentors may reach out and contact you directly to offer information and proactive support via phone, sms or email from time to time.
The Student Success team
The Student Success team are a team of experienced students employed by Student Services and Engagement. Each year, the Student Success team talks with hundreds of students about their studies and assist them to connect with relevant information and support services.
It’s very common for students to need help and support when facing challenges like:
- Settling into their studies and navigating their way around the new physical and virtual spaces and systems at USC
- Needing extra help with Academic content and skills
- Having second thoughts about their programs or course enrolment
- Working out effective strategies for juggling study with work, family and life
- Dealing with unexpected health or personal crises
- Knowing what their options are if they fail a course or experience difficulties with their academic progress.