The Student Success Network provides a friendly and supportive environment where students can connect with other students to share ideas, experiences, challenges and advice about both the academic and social aspects of being a student, and build networks to support and guide you through your program.
Experienced and trained students are Network Leaders. They’ve been in your shoes before and know that university can be an exciting but sometimes challenging journey and want to share their experiences with you, offer support, hints and tips to help you along the road to success.
As a USC student you have access to a variety of student-led activities and initiatives but choosing which best suits your needs depends on your program and individual circumstances. Get connected to the Student Success Network.
What the Student Success Network can assist you with:
- Getting started at uni and settling in
- Peer learning activities such as study groups, academic skills support and career development guidance
- Meeting other students in the same program, or discipline
- Connecting you to social groups or study groups relevant to your discipline
- Referring you to services if you find yourself in need of more complex assistance to support your wellbeing and manage your studies
Complete the below form and a member of our Student Success Team will phone you to assist you to get connected with other students, find relevant study or social groups and access specialist advisers.
We'll call you between 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Alternatively you can contact the Student Success Team via email@example.com.
Student Success Team
The Student Success Team are a team of experienced students employed by Student Services and Engagement and are here to support your engagement in your studies and maximise your success.
The Student Success Team staff differ to Network Leaders because they are employed by the University and have speciality training and knowledge to support student tracking and intervention activities.
Each year, the Student Success team talks with hundreds of students about their studies and assist them to connect with relevant information and support services.
It’s very common for students to need a little guidance or support when facing challenges like:
- Settling into their studies and navigating their way around the new physical and virtual spaces and systems at USC
- Needing extra help with academic content and skills
- Having second thoughts about their programs or course enrolment
- Working out effective strategies for juggling study with work, family and life
- Dealing with unexpected health or personal crises
- Knowing what their options are if they fail a course or experience difficulties with their academic progress.
The Student Success Team:
- provide information and advice about the student support services that are available and assist you to access and use these services.
- will invite you to participate in all sorts of activities and events.
- will ask you about your student experience and value your feedback and suggestions.
- will keep an eye on your academic progress throughout your program and get in touch if we see you may need some guidance or support.
- may reach out and contact you directly to offer information and proactive support via phone, sms or email from time to time.
If you want to get in touch with the Student Success Team complete the form on the left or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for staff can be found at Monitoring Student Learning Engagement in MyUSC.