Experienced students who have successfully studied for at least one year at USC can express their interest to volunteer as a Network Leader. Share your student experiences and help make a difference in the lives of your fellow students.
We’re looking for Student Success Network Leaders from a variety of backgrounds and study areas who are passionate about helping others and want to be involved in a range of roles to develop valuable skills, experiences and networks that will be useful for your career.
Network Leaders will be provided with relevant training. Volunteer roles may also accrue points towards the USC Student Leadership Award.
Complete the form below to register your interest to become a Network Leader.
What do Network Leaders do?
Network Leaders are involved in a range of activities to support other students. These activities may include:
- Peer Learning Leaders – connecting with students in the same, or similar program, to provide general advice, face to face meetings, drop-in sessions, referral to services
- Orientation Experience and Event Guides
- Getting Started Guides - to assist new students settle into their studies and uni life
Am I eligible?
To be a Network Leader, you must*:
- Be enrolled in a USC program during your participation as a Network Leader
- Be at least 18 yrs old
- Have good spoken and written English
*Some roles may require further criteria.
What's in it for me?
Giving your time to help other students can give you a sense of achievement and satisfaction, increase your confidence, and help you feel more positive about your learning experience. It can also help you develop valuable skills, experiences and networks that will be useful for your career. You may:
- Build your professional profile
- Enhance your communication and interpersonal skills
- Build a portfolio of leadership skills to enhance your future employability
- Create networks in your school, faculty and across the university
- Be recognised for your contributions to USC and the community
- Make new friends and inspire others
- Be identified for paid work opportunities at USC
- Use your participation to contribute towards the USC Student Leadership Award