This free course is for anyone thinking of taking the first steps in returning to study at TAFE or university. The course is facilitated by experienced USC advisers and is especially designed for adults of all ages who have not undertaken formal study for some years, or who did not finish high school.
About the course
The course aims to:
- introduce participants to key concepts and structures of writing for a higher education environment
- enhance capacity around career pathway decision-making
- demystify higher education
- create a cooperative group environment for learning
- build your confidence and skills in a supportive environment
- turn your current formal and informal learning abilities gained from work and life experience into academic reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- there are no tuition fees for this course
- 18+ years, during the year in which the course is held
- workbooks are provided for the duration of the course, free of charge
There are no tests, assignments or exams.
This course cannot be used towards gaining admission into a USC program. For further information on USC's bridging program, visit Tertiary Preparation Pathway.
Next course commencement date, time and location
|Sippy Downs||Fraser Coast||Gympie|
Courses will run subject to final number of registrations. Please register to avoid disappointment.
During this program, you will produce a short piece of academic writing.
Starting with a personal point of view on a topical issue, you will develop your skills as a researcher and writer as you turn those initial thoughts into a well-crafted, defensible statement on the topic.
You will also further develop your existing understanding of potential career and study pathways, through developing your understanding of career development, and exploring your interests, values, and transferable skills. USC Career Development staff will available for individual consultations on completion of the course. Speak to your facilitator for further information.