- Are you a student studying a Business course and/or COR109?
- Do you need to get started on an assignment?
- Do you need to know how to find books or journal articles?
- Are you unsure how to structure an assignment?
- Do you need help deciding if a source is scholarly or peer-reviewed?
- Do you need help with referencing?
- Do you want to work with course staff and other students?
- Do you have a specific question about an assignment?
If so, come along to Budi for help with research, writing, and referencing and to meet students and staff.
When and where?
Semester 1 and 2 (weeks 2–13) except during semester breaks
When: Thursdays 2-4pm
Where: FABL conference room KG.07
Contact: Val Mesh
What is Budi
Budi is a 'safe space' where students and staff work together to provide some extra help with researching, writing or referencing for assignments. At BUdi, student support is offered by an academic skills adviser, a librarian and staff from a variety of courses (your course coordinator will advertise which weeks a course tutor will be available at BUdi for consultation), as well as student mentors.
If you have a question about researching for your assignment, or a short query about assignment structure or referencing, do come along and drop in.
- Bring your task, marking criteria and your own questions.
Just remember, we can't proofread at Budi but we will do our best to answer your questions.
What else is available?
If you cannot make it to the drop-in sessions:
- Make an appointment with a Student Academic Adviser by logging into Student Hub using your USC username and password and select Appointments, or contact Student Central for assistance (arrive 10 minutes early).
- see a Librarian on Level 1 of the Library
- check out the Guides at USC library which can help you do assignment research
- browse the Academic Skills resources on Blackboard
- talk with your tutor, lecturer or course coordinator
- check the discussion board in your course Blackboard site