- Are you a student studying Health?
- Do you need to get started on an assignment?
- Are you unsure how to write an assignment?
- Do you need to know how to find books or journal articles?
- Do you need help deciding if a website is a good source to use?
- Do you need help with referencing?
If so, come along to a drop-in session to build research, writing and referencing skills. An academic skills adviser, a librarian and staff from a variety of courses will be available to assist.
When is HEIdi?
Commences in Week 1 of Semester.
When: Mondays, 1.00-3.00pm
Where: Sippy Downs, E1. Lab area
No bookings are required
What is HEIdi?
HEIdi aims to provide some extra help researching or writing your assignment.
If you have a short query on a referencing issue or on an assignment that you are working on, come along to the drop in.
- Bring along a copy of your course outline, assignment topic, and course materials as relevant.
Just remember, we can't proofread at HEIdi but we will do our best to answer your questions.
What else is available
If you cannot make it to the drop-in sessions:
- Make an appointment with a Student Academic Adviser by logging into Student Hub using your USC username and password and under the Home tab, navigate to Academic Advice, select Book Appointment, or contact Student Central for assistance (arrive 10 minutes early).
- see a Librarian on Level 1 of the Library
- check out the Guides at USC library which can help you do assignment research
- browse the Academic Skills resources on Blackboard
- talk with your tutor, lecturer or course coordinator
- check the discussion board in your course Blackboard site