USC is committed to working closely with students to provide a positive learning experience in a professional environment. Please use this page as a guide to share your suggestions and compliments or to lodge a grievance.
We welcome your feedback and aim to assist you to resolve any issue you may have at USC.
Perhaps you have had a great interaction with a staff member or positive experience on campus that you would like to share. Or you have an idea/improvement that you would like to suggest.
Simply fill in the details below:
There may be instances where you disagree with or seek to challenge a decision or action of the University. Processes are in place for you to raise your grievances with the University.
USC recognises that feedback is an important part of ongoing quality and service improvements and it is always welcome. If you have a grievance, the University is committed to working with you to effectively resolve your grievance.
It is important to understand the policies that relate to your grievance and that apply to you as a student at the University. You also need to follow the correct process when lodging a grievance (policies below).
- Academic policies
These policies identify and address a number of key academic-related matters which can lead to concerns for students, including academic misconduct, maintaining satisfactory academic progress and seeking reviews of grade.
- Assessment: Courses and Coursework Programs - Procedures
- Student Academic Integrity – Governing Policy
- Student Academic Misconduct – Procedures
- Higher Degrees by Research Candidature - Procedures
- Review of Assessment and Final Grade - Procedures
- Monitoring Academic Progress and Exclusion - Academic Policy
- Student expectations and responsibilities
These policies outline your rights and responsibilities as a student and the University's expectations of your conduct.
- Student Conduct - Governing Policy
- Student General Misconduct - Procedures
- Equity and Diversity - Governing Policy
- Anti-Discrimination and Freedom from Harassment - Governing Policy
Also refer to the USC Student Charter, which sets out the mutual expectations of students and the University.
- Grievance policies
These policies contain important information about the processes you may take to raise a grievance with the University, including seeking a review of and/or appealing a decision of the University.
For assistance in understanding the University's policies and procedures, you may contact the Student Ombudsman.
Lodging a grievance
To make sure your concern follows the best path to resolution, you are required to follow the steps below before submitting the Grievance Lodgement Form.
Please also consider the advocacy support that is available to you from the USC Student Guild (current students only).
- I have attempted to raise and resolve the issue locally with a discussion with the person/area involved.
- I am submitting this grievance within a reasonable timeframe, it relates to a recent study experience, grade or incident.
Personal information held by the University is collected and managed in a responsible, secure manner, and will not be released to third parties without your consent, unless required by law.