The Student Representative Council reports to the Vice-Chancellor and President and gives students a chance to discuss emerging issues as well as views about learning and teaching, services and the USC environment.
- Student Chairperson(s) nominated from within the membership
- Executive committee member of the Student Guild (ex-officio)
- Student representative from the relevant student group on each of the following campuses: Fraser Coast, Gympie, SouthBank (ex-officio)
- Student members appointed by the Vice-Chancellor and President on the recommendation of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Students) and the Executive Deans following a request for expressions of interest
- Two students from each School
- One postgraduate coursework student from each Faculty
- One Higher Degree by Research student from each Faculty
- One international student from each Faculty
- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Students)
- Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Academic Secretariat support
Any person with the approval of the Chairperson
Each substantive member of the Student Representative Council will nominate an alternate member who is endorsed by the appropriate Head of School or Executive Dean as appropriate, and may then be co-opted by the Chairperson(s) to attend a meeting if required to reach a quorum. If a member should discontinue on the Council then the proxy is provided with the opportunity to become the substantive member.
Terms of Reference
The role of the Student Representative Council is to:
- represent the student community and act as a means of communication between the University and the student community
- actively contribute to University decision making in promoting a positive student experience
- inform the Vice-Chancellor and President about emerging issues for students within its terms of reference
- provide input into the development of policies and services that support students and advance the quality of learning and research activities
- encourage student feedback and share University initiatives resulting from student feedback
Tenure and Frequency of Meetings
There are at least four meetings of the Student Representative Council each calendar year.
The members serve for a period of one year, beginning 1 July and ending on 30 June of the following year.
The Chairperson(s) should be elected from the membership of the Student Representative Council at the last meeting of the calendar year and will serve for a period of one year, beginning on 1 January of the following year.
Examples of items discussed at previous Student Representative Council meetings
- Student Evaluation of Teaching and Courses (SETAC)
- Teaching at University
- Orientation at USC
- Student Services and Amenities Fee
- Student accommodation
- Parking and bicycle facilities
Contact Academic Secretariat.