1. Venue: The Hirer may use the venue/equipment/facilities the subject if this Application (‘the Hire’) during 10am to 2pm on the dates specified (‘the Hire period’). The Hirer will comply with all instructions given by the University including instructions in relation to the use of the venue/equipment and conduct or parking on University grounds. If the venue/equipment is not vacated at the end of the Hire period, an additional charge of $15 will be payable by the Hirer, for each additional four hours (or part thereof) of use.
2. Indemnity: The Hirer is liable for and indemnifies the University (its officers, servants and agents), against:-
- All claims, actions or demands and any loss or damage, costs or expense (including full indemnity legal costs) suffered by the University, as a result of or arising out of or in connection with the Hire: and
- Any injury to any person entering upon University grounds for the purpose of or damage to, any University property as a result of or arising out of or in connection with, the use of the venue / equipment by the Hirer or persons present at the invitation of the Hirer.
3. Insurance: The Hirer will during the Hire period, effect and maintain the following insurances in respect of the Hire:-
- Public liability insurance of $10,000,000 which notes the interest of the University for any vicarious liability it may have through the conduct of the Hirer (its offers, servants, agents and invitees) or the Hire;
- Workers compensation insurance for an unlimited amount.
4. Guarantee: The Responsible Person guarantees to the University the payment by the Hirer of all Hire charges and the performance by the Hirer of all the Hirer’s obligations pursuant to the Application and these Conditions of Hire and indemnifies the University against any liability or loss suffered by the University as a result of or arising out of or in connection with the use of the venue/equipment by the Hirer or persons present at the invitation of the Hirer and/or the Hirer’s failure to comply with these Conditions of Hire.
5. Public nuisance: The Hirer’s use of the venue/equipment must not create a public nuisance. The University may specify a time by which and the level to which, the noise level of any live or pre-recorded sound, must be reduced. The University may terminate the Hire if it considers that a public nuisance is created.
6. Hire charges: The Hirer will pay the Hire charges in full to the University prior to the commencement of each Semester Hire period. If the Hire charges are not paid strictly in accordance with this Clause, the University may cancel the Hire, without liability.
7. Responsibility for damage: The venue/equipment hired must be left clean and undamaged at the end of the Hire period. Any damage to the venue/equipment (or other University property) must be reported to the University and is the Hirer’s liability. If cleaning of or repair of damage to, the venue/equipment (or other University property) is required, such cleaning or repair will be undertaken by the University and the cost of such cleaning or repair will be charged to and recoverable as a debt due to the University by, the Hirer.
8. Venue set up: The Hirer will, in setting up the venue/equipment for the Hire:
- Comply with all instructions and directions given by the University;
- Ensure limited noise occurs and limited disturbance to usual University activities;
- Engage only qualified and licensed subcontractors or practitioners;
- Not use tape or other adhesives upon floors, walls or other surfaces of the venue / equipment; and
- Ensure that all trip and other hazards are covered and/or appropriately protected.
10. Services: When allocated a serviced site, The Hire includes reasonable use of public utility supplied electricity (for power) and water, for the purposes of the Hire during the Hire period. Additional electricity or water requirements of the Hire must be provided by the Hirer at the Hirer’s cost.
11. Advertising material: No advertising or promotional material will be displayed on University grounds without prior written approval of the University. The University’s name must not be used in advertising or promotional material produced or disseminated by the Hirer, without prior written approval of the University.
12. Work health and safety: The Hirer will for the purposes of the Hire and during the Hire period:-
- Comply with all laws and regulations (particularly the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011) and any direction given by a competent Authority arising from such laws and regulations;
- Apply for and pay all fees in respect of, any permit required by the Hire;
- Engage only appropriately qualified staff in any restrictive occupation; and
- Ensure that all volunteers and contractors involved in the Hire, successfully complete the relevant Work Health and Safety Induction training.
13. Cancellation: Any cancellation of the Hire (in whole or in part) must be advised to the University in writing. If cancellation is notified not less than 4 weeks before the start of the Hire, any Hire charges paid will be refunded to the Hirer. If cancellation is notified less than 4 weeks, there will be no refund of any charges. The University may cancel the Hire at any time without liability if circumstances arise which the University considers (in its absolute discretion) make the Hire impractical or inappropriate or not in the best interests of the University.
14. Consumption of alcohol: Alcohol must not be sold and/or consumed on University grounds.
15. Evacuation: The Hirer will comply with any direction given by University security staff and/or Emergency Services personnel. Any cost or expense incurred by the University as a result of heat or smoke used by the Hirer activating a fire alarm and/or requiring the attendance of Emergency Services personnel, will be charged to and recoverable as a debt due to the University by the Hirer.
16. Regulated parking: The University is a regulated, paid parking environment. The Hirer, its officers, servants, agents, contractors and invitees attending the Hire, will comply strictly with the University Conditions of Parking.
17. Smoking: Smoking is prohibited everywhere on the University grounds other than within the University’s designated smoking areas.
18. Animals: The animals on University grounds are wild and are not to be fed in any circumstances. Extreme care must be taken when near the animals. Domestic animals are not permitted on University grounds.
19. Sustainability: The University promotes the use of recyclable and biodegradable products and consumables. The Hirer is requested to use recyclable or biodegradable products. The sale of single-use plastic bottled water is prohibited on campus.
20. Privacy: The University collects the information on this form to carry out its functions over the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998. The University may be required to disclose this information to appropriate agencies including, but not limited to, the Commonwealth Department of Education, Science and Training and the Australian Taxation Office. For more information on the University’s Privacy Plan go to www.usc.edu.au/privacy.
21: Copyright and licensing: The Hirer will not at the venue or during the Hire, reproduce, perform, broadcast or communicate or cause to be reproduced, performed, broadcast or communicated, any music, film or video without a licence to do so or written permission from the copyright owner. The Hirer will provide a copy of the licence or permission to the University. For assistance contact:
- Musical works – performance or communication APRA 1800 882 772 or www.apra.com.au
- Sound recordings – playing PPCA 02 9267 7877 or www.ppca.com.au