The Student IT Help Desk provides students with assistance to access the USC network and troubleshoot problems with logins, passwords, and access to USC information technology systems including email and wifi.
Tel: +61 7 5459 4455
Student IT Help Desk
First floor, Library
USC Sippy Downs
Monday to Friday: 8.30am–6pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11am–2pm
Monday to Friday: 10am–3pm
The IT Services Counter
USC Fraser Coast
Monday to Friday: 8.30am–5pm (subject to availability)
Monday to Friday: 10am–3pm (subject to availability)
For IT assistance on campus visit:
USC Gympie Student Central
There is also a Student IT Support Officer on campus during the week. Semester 2 availability coming soon.
Student access to computers and the USC Gympie building is restricted to 7am–10pm Monday–Friday.
Forgotten your password?
Select one of the options below to change or reset your password:
- USC password reset via mobile
If you have registered your mobile phone in either USC Central (students) then you can change your password via the self-service USC password reset page. To use this service:
- Go to the self-service USC password reset page.
- Enter your username in the text box.
- A security code will be sent to your registered mobile phone.
- Enter the security code in the field.
- Enter your new password.
The USC password reset page can also be accessed by clicking on the ‘Change your password’ link (located below the Login/Sign in button) on the home pages of Blackboard, USC Central and USC Staff.
- On a USC workstation
If you are on a USC managed computer (eg workstation, computer lab, library commons) you can change your password by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del after you logon.
- Logon to the computer.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del
- Select 'Change a Password'.
- Enter your old password and your new password in the text boxes, making sure you follow the password requirements as described below.
- Your password is case-sensitive.
- Your password MUST be between 8 and 16 characters in length.
- Your password MUST have at least one UPPERCASE character.
- Your password MUST have at least one LOWERCASE character.
- Your password MUST have at least one number.
- Your password MUST have at least one Special (Non-Alphanumeric) character eg ! @ # $ % ^ & *
- Your password MUST be different from any used previously.
- Your password MUST NOT contain spaces.
- Your password MUST NOT contain part of your name or username.
Please allow up to 10 minutes for your password to synchronise to all University systems you have access to. This includes web services and campus computers. If you have trouble using a campus computer after changing your password, log off and log back on.
If you have not registered your mobile phone and do not have access to a University workstation, then assistance can be provided. Please contact the Student IT Help Desk.
Top 5 IT support FAQs
As a student, you also have access to...
Every USC student is provided a University email account provided by the Microsoft Office 365 for Education system. It includes a 10 GB mailbox, 25 GB of free file storage on SkyDrive and document sharing and editing through Office Web Apps.
You can access your email and calendar using Microsoft's Outlook Email or from the footer menu on USC's website select Login > Email (on desktop computers, move your cursor below the bottom of the screen).
You can login to your account by using your full USC email address (eg email@example.com) and your current password.
Microsoft offers free Microsoft Office software for students.
This offer is now available to all actively enrolled USC students.
Access the internet via 24-hour computer labs, information commons in the Library and the WiFi service "eduroam".
USC provides access to internet for students in accordance with the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources.
Access printing, photocopying and scanning, from any of the self-serve Student Printers, located at USC Sippy Downs, Fraser Coast, Gympie, Noosa and South Bank.
All students have a private documents area when logged into the USC network. This service offers:
- 100MB storage limit for undergraduate students
- accessibility from all USC computers and from home (through Blackboard)
You also have access to 1TB (Terabyte) on OneDrive as part of your student email account.