The University of the Sunshine Coast recognises the right of all staff and students to an environment free from harassment and discrimination. It is committed to ensuring an environment where equality of opportunity and diversity is valued, promoted and practised.
The University has designed a suite of audio/visual resources to provide USC students, staff and visitors alike with an understanding of how various behaviours or practices could constitute discrimination or harassment, and how they may even affect the health and wellbeing of an individual.
If the content of these resources raises any issues or serious concerns, please contact the USC Counselling Service during business hours, or Lifeline on 13 11 44 if urgent help is required.
For information on State and Commonwealth Anti-Discrimination legislation, refer to the following links:
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld) (PDF 792KB)
- Age Discrimination Act 2004 (Cwlth)
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cwlth)
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cwlth)
- Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986 (Cwlth)
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cwlth)
For more information contact:
Ground Floor Building C
Phone: 07 5430 2890