Responsible officer: Print Supervisor, Mail and Print Services
Last amended: April 2015
Related documentation: Mail and Print Services exchange or credit guidelines
Student Printing services are available to students of the University using a payment system in which students hold individual accounts. Students may add money to their account using their USC Student ID Card at the following stations:
- Attended Point of Sale (POS) station; accepting cash & EFTPOS, at the service desk, Library, Level 1.
- Unattended Autoloader; accepting coins & notes, in the Library Information Commons Area.
- Via Online Payments; accepting Visa and MasterCard only.
When students add money to their Student Printing Account, they are effectively purchasing credits to access and use the copying and printing facilities at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Full refund of Student Printing account
A full refund of a Student Printing account will only be granted to those students who are ceasing their enrolment at the University of the Sunshine Coast, ie they will no longer have access to copying and printing facilities via their USC Student ID Card or USC network login.
Student Printing assistants will obtain student enrolment status from Student Administration, before the issue of any refund.
Students must meet these criteria to be eligible for a full refund:
- Account balance must be in excess of $10.00.
- Balance must belong to the student. Cost centre or SSAF credit cannot be claimed.
- Ceased enrolment at USC.
- Completion of a Request for Refund Form and OneStop Refund Form if applicable.
- Approved refunds take minimum 24 hours to process.
- Cash refunds will be given, where all prior credits were purchased via Autoloader or POS.
- Students must collect cash refund from Student Printing service desk whilst residing in Australia.
- No overseas transfers available.
- Credit Card refunds will be given, where all prior credits were purchased via Online Payments.
- Credit card refunds may take days to process, depending on financial institutions.
Students will be notified by email of their full refund request outcome.
Reprint or credit to Student Printing account
Students are to report copying/printing problems as soon as they occur, to Student Printing so the problem can be resolved or investigated immediately.
Reprints are offered to students, in the following circumstances:
- Dirty copies/prints due to machine issue
- Machine jams, where student account is charged for incomplete copies
- System/network errors, where student account is charged for incomplete copies
If reprints are unattainable or student has already reprinted their files, only then will a credit be made to students’ accounts.
Credits with a value of $10.00 or over will need supervisor authorisation and may take 24 hours to process.
Credits will not be made to students’ accounts in the following circumstances:
- Student selects incorrect print properties, eg desires single sides but does not select single sided printing; desires colour prints but selects black/white etc.
- Student document files are incomplete or corrupt.
- Student inserts incorrect money into the unattended top up terminals. A warning notice is displayed at the terminal, ‘Insert correct money – No change given’.