Study Leaders are experienced and highly motivated students who facilitate peer learning activities.
As part of this role you will complete Student Success Network Leaders training for personal development, and competency in knowledge and skills required.
By undertaking this training and contributing as a leader, your contributions to the USC community will be recognised; you may also earn points to apply toward the USC Student Leadership Award.
- Attend drop-in sessions to offer learning support alongside USC Academic Skills Advisors
- Facilitate peer learning activities
- Share program knowledge and experience
- Promote an environment that is inclusive, inspiring, safe and respectful
This role does not include:
- Providing students with direct answers to questions or assessments
- Providing support other than learning support in your area of experience
- Successful completion of at least one year (8 courses) at USC and current enrollment in a USC program
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Maintain a good record of achievement with a GPA of 6.0 or above
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills
- Possess good interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Display a proactive and positive attitude with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Have an understanding that each student will approach learning in different ways
- Be committed and reliable, with effective personal time management skills
This role offers flexibility for you to contribute whilst working around your study commitments. Volunteer hours will be negotiated based on the role requirements and your availability.
How to apply
- Please register your interest on the form provided
- Enrol in the Student Success Leader site on Blackboard – Be sure to click the blue enrol button on the left of the screen
- Complete the four online Student Success Leaders training modules on Blackboard
- Compete the USC Health, Safety and Wellbeing for Students training and upload your completion certificate to Blackboard
- Upload your application materials to Blackboard, including:
- A cover letter, indicating the role you are applying for and including a statement why you would like to be considered for the position (maximum one page)
- Your resume (maximum two pages)
Your application will be reviewed following the closing date. We will contact you to advise the dates for face to face training and an induction session – please keep an eye on your student email account.
Face to face training will take place at the start of each semester:
- Academic Skills for Facilitating Peer Learning
- Supporting Student Wellbeing
We are currently accepting applications for Semester 1, 2018. All submissions will be considered by the next application closing date: January 12, 2018
For assistance with questions related to the application process, please contact the Student Success Team.
Resources for developing your resume are available by logging into Student Hub and selecting the Resources tab.
Note: Your completion of the Study Leader training and induction is worth a total of 70 points toward the USC Student Leadership Award.