- Services at USC SouthBank
- Disability support
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Access to classrooms, study areas and student commons/kitchen
- Information technology services
- Library services
- Reflection room
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Student printing
- Textbooks and course readers
A range of services are available including:
- Academic skills – including pre-semester skills modules, academic skills workshops, drop-in sessions, and assignment feedback.
- Careers workshops
- Student Liaison Group meetings
- Student and support staff lunch and chat sessions
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student engagement
We ensure equal access to all aspects of university life. If your studies are affected by a disability, learning disorder, injury or illness, Disability Services can provide assistance, advocacy and reasonable academic adjustments. Further information is available at Disability support.
There are many services available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at USC. Visit Indigenous Services for more information.
USC students can access classrooms, quiet study areas, student commons/kitchen and student-use computers at the following location from 7am until the end of the last class of the day from Monday to Friday:
- Level 2, 52 Merivale Street, Building A4 (SW1), South Brisbane
Students can also access student-use computers at the following location from Monday to Saturday between 7.30am-7pm, Monday to Friday and 7.30am-5pm on Saturday:
- 66 Ernest Street (Ground Floor, Building B, Southbank Education and Training Precinct), South Brisbane.
For access to Ernest Street facilities, submit a request to SouthBank@usc.edu.au in advance to activate your ID card. To enter, swipe your student ID card over the access reader to the right of the door at the rear of the premises.
USC SouthBank students have access to range of IT services including computer and printing facilities, USC wireless and IT support.
USC SouthBank students have access to the:
USC Library General Collection at Sippy Downs
- borrow books by using the inter-site request form. Items requested via the inter-site request service will normally be delivered to USC SouthBank for collection within two working days.
- request a scanned chapter of a book held at Sippy Downs.
Reserve Collection held in the USC SouthBank Office
- The Reserve Collection is available for a 2-hour loan.
- Short-term loan items (3 days) may also be available
For information about borrowing, finding books and journal articles, see USC Southbank library services.
A Reflection Room is available for student use on Level 2, 52 Merivale Street, South Brisbane.
Student Leadership Opportunities
Further information is available at Student Leadership Opportunities.
USC SouthBank has three student colour multifunction devices located in:
- Merivale Street premises, Building A4 (SW1), 52 Merivale Street, South Brisbane:
- Ground Floor, currently open during office hours Monday to Friday.
- Level 2 near the student computers, currently open during teaching hours Monday to Friday.
- Ernest Street premises, Building B, Ground Floor (Level 1), 66 Ernest Street, South Brisbane:
- Quick Service Kiosk at the rear of the premises. To enter swipe your student ID card over the access reader to the right of the door.
You must have printing credit on your USC student card to print. To put credit on your student card go to student printing online.
For more information including FAQs and pricing visit Student Printing.
Your list of textbooks can be found:
- on your Course Outline. Visit course finder and search your course code eg COR109 and a pdf document of your Course Outline will be available to download;
- Blackboard, under My Course tab; or
- Co-op bookshop website. Students can order textbooks online.
Course readers can be purchased from Mail and Print Services online.