We value and support outstanding teaching, and work hard to create a learning environment in which students have every opportunity to flourish.
Learners are at the centre of our learning and teaching practice. As a result USC is the only public University in Queensland to earn five stars for teaching quality in the Good Universities Guide annually since 2007.*
We provide our students with inclusive, personalised support in conjunction with programs that allow them ample opportunities to engage with their discipline, profession and community, including work integrated learning, entrepreneurship, and overseas study opportunities.
* The ratings awarded by the Good Universities Guide utilise information obtained from the Department of Education, Science and Training, the University, and results from the national Graduate Destination Survey.
The University's teaching and support staff are known to:
- engage students and foster their curiosity
- facilitate student-centred learning and teaching experiences
- recognise students’ existing knowledge and experience
- enable students to become independent and life-long learners
- provide a range of suitable learning experiences, including collaborative learning, where knowledge can be tested and explored; and
- respect and support the development of students as individuals.
Graduate profile - Kristi Browne, Graduate Paramedic Intern, ACT Ambulance Service, Canberra
Graduate profile - Tony Ravell, Civil Engineer, GHD Pty Ltd Gladstone, Queensland