- How do I know how much to pay?
- When do I pay my fees?
- How do I pay my fees?
- Student fees and costs
- Payments made after fees deferred to HELP loan
All students must generate and print a student invoice in USC Central before making a payment.
Your student invoice will display the fee liability, fee description and fee payment due date.
Refer to the Generate your invoice video in the USC Central Guide for a demonstration.
Logon to USC Central to:
- Generate and print your student invoice after you have completed your enrolment; and
- record the fee payment due date.
If you are eligible and requested to defer payment of your fees to SA-HELP, HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP, you needed to provide your Tax File Number (TFN) for each help loan you wish to access before the fee due date.
If you have requested a HELP loan, you only need to be aware of the fee due date if you wish to make an up front payment. Part payments will be accepted on or before the fee due date with the balance owing being deferred to your HELP loan after the Census date.
Note: Your invoice will not be mailed to you. It is your responsibility to access your online invoice via USC Central.
Your student invoice (also a tax invoice) includes all charges and fees owing on your Student Account at the time generated and will include the payment due date.
We encourage you to pay at least two days prior to the fee due date to ensure payment is received by USC on or before the due date.
Refer to the relevant Academic Calendar for key administrative dates.
From 1 January 2017, the Australian Government will remove the upfront HECS-HELP discount of 10 per cent for eligible students that pay their student contributions upfront and the voluntary HELP repayment bonus of five per cent.
Note: Late payment of University fees attracts penalties that may include but are not limited to the withholding of results. Outstanding fees may also impact on future enrolment at the University.
USC Online Payments allow you to choose from the following payment options:
- Debit/Credit Card
- Flywire International Payments (options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment or other local options)
USC Online Payments can be accessed by clicking on the link at the bottom of your student invoice, or by going to the login menu in the footer of USC's home page and selecting Online Payments. This will open USC's secure Online Payments screen, select Online Payments > Student Fees Payments > Pay student fees.
Enter your username and student number as shown on your invoice, as well as your Postcode or Country to load your student account.
View the How to pay your fees via USC Online Payments video tutorial in the USC Central Guide for a demonstration.
Credit card payments made on a business day will be applied to your student account within 15 minutes of the transaction being complete*. An official receipt will be sent to your student email account.
International bank transfer payments (via Flywire International Payments) may take several business days to reach USC. Plan ahead to ensure your payment is received by the fee due date. A late payment of tuition fee may apply.
Note: Online payments for tuition fees only apply to tuition fees, SSAF to SSAF charges, Other to Other charges etc.
* May take longer during peak times or outside the hours of 8am-6pm (AEST).
You can use BPAY to make payment from your savings, cheque or credit card account via your financial institution's internet banking website or telephone banking service.
- Logon or phone your banking institution and select BPAY.
- Quote the Biller Code and Reference number from your student invoice.
- Record the receipt number quoted at the end of the transaction as your confirmation of payment. No official USC receipt is available unless paid through USC Online Payments.
BPAY payments may take 24-48 hours to be applied to your student account depending on the time of day payment is made. To avoid missing the deadline, you are advised to make BPAY payments a few days prior to the fee due date.
For more information contact your financial institution.
You can pay your fees by Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard):
- Online via postbillpay.com.au You will need to enter USC's four digit biller code and your reference number, as shown on your student invoice generated in USC Central.
- In person, generate and print an invoice in USC Central to pay in person at an Australia Post office.
- Phone 13 18 16 and quote USC's four digit biller code and your reference number, as shown on your invoice generated in USC Central.
Record the receipt number quoted at the end of your transaction as your official receipt and confirmation of payment. No official USC receipt is available unless paid through USC Online Payments.
Note: POSTbillpay payments may take up to two business days to appear on your University account. For example, if you make a POSTbillpay payment on a Friday, it may not appear on your student account in USC Central until the following Tuesday (assuming the Monday is not a public holiday).
To avoid missing the payment deadline, students are advised to make POSTbillpay payments a few days prior to the due date.
Alternatively, you may make a payment using a smartphone by downloading the Australia Post Mobile iPhone app from the iTunes App Store or via m.auspost.com.au if you have a smartphone and internet browser.
Commencing International students
- Follow the steps outlined in your Letter of Offer in order to accept your offer and pay your fees
- Your acceptance and payment must be received before you can enrol and apply for a Student Visa
- As a commencing International student you may choose from the following payment options:
- Debit/Credit Card
- Flywire International Payments (options with Flywire may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment or other local options)
- To access these payment options go to USC Online Payments by clicking on the link provided in your Letter of Offer, or by going to the login menu in the footer of the USC home page and selecting Online Payments. This will open USC's secure Online Payments screen. Select Online Payments > Student fees payments > Pay Commencing International Student Fees
Continuing International students
- Generate and print your new invoice in USC Central after you have completed your enrolment.
- As a continuing International student you can choose from any payment option listed on your invoice.
- Note: International Bank Transfer payments (via Flywire International Payments) may take several business days to reach USC. Plan ahead to ensure your payment is received by the fee due date. Late fee penalties may apply.
- Watch the How to pay your fees via USC Online Payments video in the USC Central Guide for a demonstration.
USC has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country.
Why use Flywire?
Flywire allows you to pay from any country and any bank offering excellent foreign exchange rates and no hidden fees. You will be able to track the progress of your payment online and receive email and text alerts each step of the way.
Flywire - Customer Support Information
Phone: +61 (2) 800 69 729
No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you via live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions.
How to make a payment
- Go to USC Online Payments which can be accessed by clicking on link at the bottom of your student invoice or by going to the login menu in the footer of the USC home page and selecting Online Payments. This will open USC's secure Online Payments screen. Select Online Payments > Student fees payments
- Pay Commencing International Student Fees - if you are a commencing International student who needs to accept an offer and make initial payment
- Pay Student Fees - if you are a continuing International student
- Enter your student details and select Flywire International Payments as your payment option. You will then be redirected to the Flywire website to complete your payment.
- Choose the country you are paying from and the currency you want to pay in.
- Select your preferred payment method from options provided. Options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment or other local options.
- Create your Flywire account or log into your existing Flywire account, then enter some basic information to initiate your payment.
- Follow the instructions provided to send funds via Flywire or bank transfer. Depending on your bank, payment may be made online, in person or over the phone. For debit/credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete payment in your home currency. Additional payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
- Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email updates each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to USC.
- Payments will be applied to the oldest due first.
- Overpayments can be held on your student account for future enrolments, or claimed by submitting an Application for refund form.
Eligible students may request the following fees be deferred to a HELP loan:
- Student contributions (HECS-HELP)
- Tuition fees (FEE-HELP)
- Student Services and Amenities fees (SA-HELP).
Fees cannot be deferred unless you have provided your Tax File Number and your enrolment is confirmed at Census date. This means your fees remain on your student account until a couple of days after the census date.
Once your fees are deferred to your HELP loan you may make voluntary payments direct to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
Or contact the ATO: