Offered for the first time in Semester 1, 2018 the Oceans Resort and Spa Bursary aims to support continuing Tourism, Leisure, and Event Management students, in financial need, at USC Fraser Coast.
Oceans Resort and Spa, located in Hervey Bay, is an award-winning resort offering guests excellent facilities for accommodation, weddings, conferences, dining and relaxation. As a local leader in the tourism industry, Oceans Resort and Spa is partnering with USC to provide a bursary to support second and third year full time students, in financial need, studying at the USC Fraser Coast.
This Bursary will be awarded in Semester 1 in each year paid to the recipient as $1,000 in semester 1 and $1000 in semester 2, $2000 in total over one year.
Oceans Resort and Spa may choose to offer a ‘practicum’ opportunity to the Bursary recipient, as a component of the successful recipients’ study program. This opportunity is at the discretion of Oceans Resort and Spa and will be negotiated on mutually agreeable terms between the recipient and Oceans.
A USC student can only receive the Oceans Resort and Spa Tourism Bursary once during their undergraduate program.
- Continuing full-time Fraser Coast Campus student majoring or minoring in Tourism, Leisure and Event Management
- Second or third year student who has completed at least two TSM courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0
- Australian citizen, Permanent resident of Australia, or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria:
- Financial need
- Preference will be given to students who are experiencing other equity considerations and circumstances
- Preference will be given to students not already in receipt of a USC scholarship or bursary
- Eligible programs:
- Programs with major or minor in Tourism, Leisure and Event Management
- Number available:
- 1 in 2018
- $2,000 over 2 semesters