Set the paceBecome a Student Para-Athlete and combine Tokyo 2020 training with a University degree. USC offers a dual-pathway program, including a full package of support to complement your training. You'll have access to world class facilities and amazing staff to deliver a truly unique experience. USC SEEDS Scholarships are now open to help you go for gold in 2020.
About the Scholarship
The USC SEEDS program currently provides para-athletes with the opportunity to combine study with high performance training. The program is supported by Basketball Australia and Queensland Academy of Sport Centre of Excellence for Applied Sport Science Research.
Classifiable as an athlete with a disability under international sporting code classification, para-athletes are eligible to apply. The duration of the Scholarship will be determined by the Selection Panel dependent on applicant circumstances.
- Scholarship, recipient/s will receive the following support:
- Cash scholarship A$2,500 per semester (full or part time)
- Access to USC Sport stadium and gym
- Access to USC SEEDS program academic study hall sessions
- Wheelchair Basketball athletes will receive access to high performance coaching and sport science support.
Coaching pathways expressions of interest
In addition to the USC SEEDS Excellence Scholarships for Para-athletes, we are seeking expression of interest from all USC current or prospective students interested in pursuing coaching pathways in either Wheelchair Basketball or strength and conditioning. Students on a coaching pathway will support training sessions under the provision of the USC SEEDS Wheelchair Basketball coaches and are eligible to receive a USC SEEDS Para-Coaching Award valued between $500 and $1250.
Successful recipients will:
- Be required to attend USC SEEDS Wheelchair Basketball and/or strength and conditioning training sessions
- Provide coaching at allocated USC SEEDS training sessions as directed by head coach
Applicant interested in the USC SEEDS para-sport coaching pathway and award should apply by completing the USC SEEDS application form on this page, substituting questions about sporting achievement with any relevant coaching experience and aspirations.
For further information please contact Bridie Kean via email@example.com.
- Classifiable as an athlete with a disability under international sporting code classification
- Commencing or continuing domestic students in an undergraduate or post graduate degree program at USC
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria:
- High level sporting achievement in elite sport
- Potential to continue to perform in sporting discipline at a high level [NB: Talent transfer athletes are encouraged to apply]
- Academic merit
- Eligible programs:
- All undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Number available:
- A$2,500 per semester
- USC SEEDS Excellence Scholarships Application Form (PDF 337KB)