Research in Practice
Identifying multiple stresses and adapting to climate change impacts in Pacific Island countries.
TEK and Beluga Whales
Knowledge co-production for ecosystem health in the Beaufort Sea.
Indigenous Land Management
Indigenous land management in urban and peri-urban landscapes on the Sunshine Coast.
Community resilience and climate change
The impacts of climate change on communities in Cambodia and Vietnam.
A five year project to integrate Inuit traditional knowledge and western science to research climate change impacts.
The Sustainability Research Centre (SRC) is focused on understanding the relationships between people, place and change. We adopt a transdisciplinary and collaborative approach broadly aligned with the fields of human geography and environmental management.
Our researchers include over 60 staff and 30 PhD students. We also lead USC’s sustainability teaching programs. Our goal is to help regions transition towards sustainability.
SRC news via USC
- 14 July 2016 Happy app developer wins research contest
- 20 April 2016 Redcliffe USC graduate researches mangroves
- 4 December 2015 Eight outstanding staff awarded for excellence
- 2 December 2015 Arctic research is timely for climate summit
- 24 November 2015 Academic picked for global initiative
- 16 September 2015 USC research to be shown at Royal Society