University Research Week
The theme for the 2013 University Research Week is 'Communicate, Collaborate, Connect — Research on the Rise' and will be held 1-5 July at the University of the Sunshine Coast's Sippy Downs campus.
The annual University Research Week provides an opportunity to collegially engage in and celebrate the research achievements of the University.
The 2013 program will include some new and exciting events:
- Internationally recognised guest speakers
- NEW Join in a debate between our high level guest speakers and USC academics and HDR candidates
- Three Minute Thesis competition presented by USC's HDR candidates
- NEW 'A Minute to Win it' — a 60 second presentation by USC researchers on a current research project (with a A$1,000 first prize)
- The Research Expo to be extended to half a day
- NEW 'The Art of Research' art exhibition
- Two full days of faculty presentations
- A full day of professional development workshops
- More prizes!
A draft program will be published shortly.
The University Research Week aims to:
- build research capacity
- strengthen the University's research culture
- provide opportunities to engage Early Career Researchers and Higher Degree by Research students in research forums with supervisors and other academics
- focus on collegial peer interaction
- provide opportunities for research leadership
- provide access to research mentors and research resources
- generate mentoring opportunities and networks across the University
- disseminate research outcomes to the University community.
University Research Week is an initiative of the Research Management Committee and is managed on behalf of the Committee by the Office of Research.
The Office of Research receives advice from the University Research Conference Academic Advisory Group on academic aspects of the event.
For more information about the University Research Week, please contact email@example.com