How to enrol
Open enrolment dates
Enrolments open for the upcoming semester / sessions as follows:
Study Period 2, 2013
- 7am on Monday 27 May 2013
Semester 2, Trimester 2, Sessions 5, 6, 7
Follow the steps for Getting Started at USC to respond to your offer and enrol in your classes.
Please note: USC will complete the enrolment for:
- Headstart students
- Honours students
- Cross-institutional and Visiting students
- Higher Degree Research Students
Information on How to Enrol is contained in tutorial videos in the USC Central Guide.
Your study load can be varied between full-time (3-4 courses) or part-time (1-2 courses) in a study period. Your Study Plan in USC Central will guide you with choosing your courses, or alternatively contact your faculty office for advice.
Changing your enrolment in USC Central
Steps to making changes can be found at Changing your enrolment in the USC Central Guide.
- Add a course - You can add courses to your enrolment until the end of Week 2 of a semester, or the end of Week 1 of a session. After this time, Course Co-ordinator approval is required. However, no enrolments will be accepted after the end of Week 3 of a semester or week 2 of a session.
- Swap a course - you will use the Swap a course function when you want to change from one course to another, or to swap classes (eg tutorials, labs) within the same course. The same deadlines outlined above for adding a course, apply for swapping a class/course.
- Drop a course - you will use the Drop a class function when you want to remove a course from your enrolment completely. If you drop a course after census date you will incur financial penalty and may incur academic penalty. The time of semester that you drop your course will determine what academic penalty you will recieve, if any. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for more detailed information.
If you are considering changing to a different program (degree) visit How to change your program and discuss your options with your faculty.
Confirming your enrolment
View your Class Timetable in USC Central to confirm you are enrolled in the classes you selected. Close to the beginning of the semester/session, details of the course requirements can be found in My Courses in the USC Portal/BlackBoard.
To prove your enrolment to Centrelink, print an unofficial transcript from USC Central. Refer to the steps at View your Unofficial Transcript in the USC Central Guide.
Taking a break from Study
If you are in your first semester study, you may be eligible to defer the commencement of your program (degree) if you contact Student Administration prior to Census Date. For more information refer to How to defer .
If you have been enrolled in at least one study period, you can take up to two years off as a Study Break by not enrolling in any courses for up to four study periods. Approval to do this is not required.
Be aware of any impact this might have on your enrolment for future study and consider course prerequisites and requirements before making this decision.
Note: International students on a student visa must consult with USC International prior to requesting a break from study
If you do not enrol in the fifth consecutive study period, your enrolment will be discontinued. If you decide to study at USC again you will need to reapply for entry via QTAC for an undergraduate program or directly to the University for a postgraduate program. Admission is automatic as long as the conditions in the Enrolment – Academic Policy 10.4 are met.
Completing a major or minor
View your Study Plan in USC Central to see if you are able to complete a major or minor as part of your program of study (degree).
A major in a bachelor degree comprises 96 units that develop a coherent academic theme. A minor in a bachelor degree comprises 48 units that develop a coherent academic theme.
Nominate your major/minor with your faculty by completing the Registration of Major/Minor form as soon as possible. The form is available at Student Forms. Contact your faculty office if you have any questions.