USC offers three core courses for students enrolled in undergraduate programs:
- COR109 Communication and Thought - to contribute to the development of graduates who are good communicators
- COR110 Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship - to encourage students to explore innovative and creative uses of technology
- COR111 Environment, Technology and Sustainability - to create an environment which fosters the consideration of social impacts
The core courses aim to provide students with:
- a positive introduction to the university experience
- generic skills and knowledge relevant to all disciplines
- the opportunity to experience common areas of study
- effective progression into other courses in all faculties
- an opportunity to enhance the ability to communicate ideas and information
Full-time undergraduate students are generally required to complete at least two of the three core courses by the end of their second year of enrolment, or the equivalent for part time students.
Students can choose any two out of the three courses, all of which are useful to their degrees.
For more information about core courses, visit the core courses FAQs (frequently asked questions).