Non-school leaver applications
Thinking of applying?
If you have already left school and would like to apply to university, visit Information for Non-school leavers for all you need to know before applying.
Ready to apply?
To find out when to apply, refer to the application dates for cut-off dates and deadlines.
Check the admission requirements on the program summary tab of your chosen undergraduate program for:
OP/Selection rank required
You must be eligible for an OP or selection rank equal to or above the cut-off level in the offer round, through completion of a recognised formal or non-formal qualification. The OP/Rank stated on the program summary of your chosen program is a guide only as it can vary from intake to intake.
You may be eligible for a boost to your OP or selection rank under the Access USC Bonus Scheme.
Check if you satisfy any subject prerequisites as specified in the program summary of your chosen program. Recommended prior study is not a prerequisite subject, but a recommendation as to what knowledge you should have in that subject area.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you need to meet the minimum English language requirements for your chosen program.
There are a number of entry pathways to study an undergraduate program at USC.
Apply online through Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) selecting the Apply by Web option, except if you are eligible to submit a direct application to USC as follows:
Complete the Application for undergraduate degree or associate degree – direct entry form if you are a:
- Tertiary Preparation Pathway (TPP) student (current/completed) applying for an undergraduate program (degree)
- USC / TAFE articulation student articulating into your undergraduate program.
- USC student who has completed an undergraduate program at USC — students who have completed an undergraduate degree at USC within the last two years or are due to complete their degree prior to their proposed semester of study.
- USC / TAFE Queensland Brisbane, South Bank student who has completed one of the following TAFE Queensland Brisbane diplomas and wish to commence an undergraduate degree program delivered by USC at South Bank:
- Diploma of Events
- Diploma of Accounting
- Diploma of Justice and Legal Studies
- Diploma of Tourism
- Diploma of Business
Refer to these tips for applying through QTAC.
If you are a deferred student, you need to apply directly to USC to take up your deferred place.
If you have successfully completed a QTAC application, you can view or update your application through QTAC's Online Services.
Once an offer round has occurred, you will be advised by email if you have been made an offer.
When studying at university, you will need to budget for fees, study-related costs and living expenses.
Also, you may be eligible for the Commonwealth Government’s Higher Education Loan Program (HELP):
- HECS-HELP — Commonwealth supported students (Australian citizens or permanent humanitarian visa holders).
- SA-HELP — Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders. For assistance with paying Student Services and Amenities Fees only.
- FEE-HELP — fee-paying students (Australian citizens or permanent humanitarian visa holders). Also available for students who decline Commonwealth supported place and are charged full fees.
- OS-HELP — eligible students who undertake part of their degree program overseas.
You may be eligible to gain credit for prior studies or work experience.
Visit askUSC for answers to questions about applying to study at USC.
If you have questions about your application:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: Student Administration on +61 7 5430 2890
- In person: Student Central, Building C, Sippy Downs Campus