Fees and study costs
USC tuition fees vary according to what you are studying.
In general, for full-time study at USC you can expect to pay:
2013 tuition fees for international students *
- Tertiary Preparation Pathway (TPP) — A$7,500 per one-semester program.
- Undergraduate degree programs — A$8,600–A$10,500 per semester.
- Enabling courses are available to undergraduate students enrolled at USC who wish to strengthen their background in Chemistry, Statistics, Biology, Mathematics and Computer Skills. These courses are available free of charge to international students.
- Postgraduate coursework programs (on campus) — A$8,600–A$10,500 per semester or session / trimester.
- Higher degrees by research (on campus) — A$18,000–A$23,000 per year.
- Online postgraduate coursework programs ^ — A$4,300–A$10,500 per semester or session / trimester.
- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Undergraduate — A$8,600 per semester
- Study Abroad Postgraduate — A$10,500 per semester / session / trimester
- English Language Programs
- Academic English — A$150 application fee and A$330 per week full-time tuition.
If you are considering study in 2014 please review the 2014 tuition fees.
* Tuition fees are reviewed each calendar year. The fee you must pay for a given semester or session / trimester is that which has been approved by USC for the calendar year within which the semester or session / trimester falls.
^ International students cannot obtain a Student Visa to study in a fully online program.
Student Services Amenities Fee
From 1 January 2012, a Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) was introduced for students at Australian universities, including USC. For international students enrolled in programs for which the SSAF applies, the costs have been included within the International Tuition Fee rates in 2012 and 2013. USC will internally transfer your SSAF amount to the Student Services and Amenities account.
For detailed information, refer to about the SSAF.
- The cost of books and other course-related materials depends on the course you study.
- Some courses require additional materials, for example laboratory coats (from A$28) or art supplies.
- Design students should allow at least A$60–A$100 per semester for materials and printing costs.
- As a general guide, allow A$400 per semester / session / trimester for new textbooks.
- The Co-op Bookshop is located on the ground floor of the Information Communications Technology Centre (Building J).
- Second-hand textbooks are often available at reduced prices — check the student forums on the USC Portal.
- English Language Program students are loaned textbooks for the duration of their course.
- Tuition fees are reviewed each calendar year. The fee you must pay for a given semester or session / trimester is that which has been approved by USC for the calendar year within which the semester or session / trimester falls.
- Any increase in tuition fees from one calendar year to the next will be no more than 7 percent.
- Refer to the programs and courses section for your chosen program's tuition fee. Other fees listed are based on a standard full-time enrolment.
- To confirm your enrolment, payment is required before starting your program.
- Undergraduate degree and postgraduate coursework program students are charged tuition fees on a semester / session / trimester basis according to the number of courses in which they enrol.
- Study Abroad students pay the approved program fee irrespective of whether a student is enrolled in three or four courses.
- International students cannot obtain a Student visa to study in a fully online program.
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars (A$).
- All program details are subject to change.
- For further information about administrative fees that may apply please contact USC International.
- For information about our refund policy and procedures refer to USC's student rules, policies, procedures and guidelines.