Indigenous student support
There are many support services available to you as an Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or Australian South Sea Islander student at University of the Sunshine Coast.
Applying for study
- Indigenous Alternative Entry Program - an additional pathway to apply for study at University of the Sunshine Coast
- Tertiary Preparation Pathway - a special entry program if you require additional qualifications, or would like to experience university life before committing to a degree program.
Academic and study support
- Indigenous Orientation - preparation for University as a new student.
- Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme - supplementary tutorial assistance available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Multicultural Affairs Tutorial Assistance Program - additional academic and study support available to Australian South Sea Islander students.
- Other academic and study support services.
Cadetships and employment
- Indigenous Cadetship Support (ICS) - links Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students with Employers in a cadetship arrangement involving full-time study and negotiated work placements.
- Employment and work-based learning opportunities - all students can access employment support through Indigenous Services.
- Buranga Centre resources - laptops, study guides, textbooks and other resources.
- Community contacts and useful links - links to Indigenous events, history and local community support services and news.
- Indigenous graduates - where they are now?
- Indigenous Services - a friendly team supporting Indigenous students and promoting Indigenous culture and education at University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Reconcilation Action Plan 2012-2014 - University of the Sunshine Coast's commitment to reconciliation
- Welcome to Country and Acknowledgement of Traditional Custodians - acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands on which the University is located.
Contact Indigenous Services