Multicultural Affairs Tutorial Assistance Program
Australian South Sea Islander students are eligible to receive additional tuition, including individual and/or group tutoring to assist with tertiary study. This program is funded by the State Government through Multicultural Affairs Queensland.
- Students should contact their tutor as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule, if unable to attend tutoring.
- If a student is absent from two or more consecutive tutorial sessions no further tutorial support will be provided.
- Tutors are contracted for a specificed time period per subject per teaching week.
- Tutors will receive an approval letter confirming the number of tutorial hours per student per course.
- It is expected that tutors are sensitive to, and can relate to, the educational needs of Australian South Sea Islander students.
Indigenous Services deliver cultural awareness workshops to provide tutors with an insight into the history, culture and stories of Aboriginal, Australian South Sea Islander and Torres Strait Islander students. Workshops are offered each semester.
Email: Indigenous Services
Tel: +61 7 5430 1226