You will find many ways to share your thoughts and suggestions during your time at USC. The University is committed to providing a high quality student experience, and it recognises the importance of student feedback to this process.
Your feedback is welcomed, encouraged and will often result in action to enhance the student experience for students now, and in the future. Share your thoughts and contribute to continuous improvement at the University using the feedback methods listed below.
There is also a formal process for dealing with student complaints.
Have your say
Student Liaison Committee
The Student Liaison Committee provides a formalised opportunity for students to meet directly with the Vice-Chancellor and President. In this forum, students' views about services, the University's facilities and operations can be expressed and emerging issues are discussed.
Surveys are used to obtain your views. Faculties and other service areas are informed of the results and this information is acted on. See what has been achieved recently as a result of your feedback in action. Students can also have input into the development of policies, surveys, questionnaires and services.
The following are highlights of actions and outcomes that have come about as a direct result of student feedback received from the Student Liaison Committee and other feedback mechanisms to the University.
- A new ATM and EFTPOS is operational in the Brasserie
- Student noticeboards have been installed at the Brasserie and Cafe J
- Priority parking has been introduced for carpoolers
- Increased lighting in carparks
- There has been additional promotion of cycling paths
- On-campus promotions around Bike Week and other sustainable transport events
- A new Bike Hub with shower and change room facilities has opened on campus
- Parking bays have been introduced for parents with prams
- Course outlines are now available earlier
- Water bottle refilling stations on campus
- Better recycling receptacles on campus
- Recycled paper is used in all campus photocopiers
- More recycling stations have been placed on campus
- The Brasserie's opening hours have been extended
- Highchairs available in the Brasserie
- The pathway to the student residences has been upgraded
- USC Shuttle for students travelling to and from Noosa
Contact Student Life and Learning