Committees of Council
Planning and Resources Committee
Planning and Resources Committee recommends the strategic directions of the University to Council, in the context of development of the University’s plans and their resourcing strategies.
It also provides advice to Council on issues arising from these plans.
The key areas of concern to the Committee are Planning and Strategy, Financial Resources, Asset Management (including Information Technology), and Human Resources.
The Committee’s role is strategic rather than operational.
Audit and Risk Management Committee
Audit and Risk Management Committee’s main functions are to:
- assess and contribute to the audit process including evaluation and facilitation of the internal control and risk management functions;
- provide an independent review of the reporting functions to ensure the integrity of financial reports;
- provide strong and effective oversight of the internal audit function, including recommending to Council approval and amendment of the Internal Audit Charter;
- provide effective liaison and facilitate communication between management and external audit; and
- ensure the effective monitoring of compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and promote a culture committed to lawful and ethical behaviour.
Honorary Awards Committee
The Honorary Awards Committee seeks, considers and recommends to University Council nominations for honorary awards, in accordance with the University's Honorary Awards – Governing Policy.
The Committee comprises the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and President, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and three University Council members.
The Chancellor’s Committee
The Chancellor’s Committee is accountable to Council for fulfilling the following roles:
- reviewing on an annual basis and approving on delegated authority of Council, the remuneration and conditions of the Vice-Chancellor and President, and determining any changes to current practices to ensure that remuneration and conditions of the Vice-Chancellor and President are maintained at a market level and are consistent with University policy
- approving, on delegated authority of Council, any performance pay bonuses and special payments for the Vice-Chancellor and President.
The Committee comprises the Chancellor, Deputy Chancellor and one external member of Council appointed by Council.