Your commitment as USC staff and students
USC as an institution is committed to contributing the highest quality of teaching, learning and research by engaging with local, national and international communities in the most inclusive and beneficial manner.
Each of us is responsible for highlighting diversity imbalances at forums when we see them.
When we harness this diversity through our staff, students and community partnerships, we propel creativity, innovation and initiative, which in turn strengthens our intellectual capital.
It is also simply not enough for us to reflect diversity; we each need to choose to be inclusive in our behaviour and actions.
By taking the pledge you are committing to openly calling for gender and diversity balance at all forums.
The USC Diversity Pledge is your commitment to the following:
1. Make diversity and gender equality a priority
- I commit to actively supporting institutional initiatives that drive gender equity and equality.
- I pledge to encourage open conversations to foster a diverse and inclusive community.
2. Walk the walk, talk the talk
It is also simply not enough for us to reflect diversity, we each need to choose to be inclusive in our behaviour and actions.
- I commit to driving change by demonstrating appropriate behaviour and actions by being a positive role model for all.