Equip yourself to harness the best from your team
Designed for team leaders or aspiring leaders, this series of three modules will provide the foundational skills to help you build a more productive and engaged workplace culture. In this course you will develop practical leadership skills that can be applied to any team or organisation. If you are currently working in a supervisory role or have an ambition to move into management and have at least three years of work experience, this course will provide you with some key skills and knowledge.
Equip yourself to harness the best from your team through:
- learning the key elements of effective leadership
- understanding different personality styles
- understanding team dynamics and developing skills that will improve engagement at all levels
- exploring strategies to manage burnout and increase employee engagement
Module 1: Supervisory and Leadership Fundamentals
- Characteristics and behaviours of effective leaders and supervisors
- Improving personal effectiveness and communication
- Understanding ourselves and others (developing your EQ)
- Working effectively with different personalities (MBTI)
Module 2: Performance Management and Working with Groups
- Managing performance and coaching skills
- Delegation and improving team decision-making
- Managing conflict and giving difficult feedback
- Cultivating group performance and Pod Synergy™
Module 3: Boosting Human Capital BY LEVERAGING Effort
- Creating a Zone of Engagement (ZE™) at work
- Developing High ZE leadership habits
- Improving team morale
- Increasing performance without increasing burnout
At the end of each module you’ll set out actionable goals and work through a plan to achieve them.
Friday, 24 June 2022, 9am - 3pm
Friday, 8 July 2022, 9am - 3pm
Friday, 15 July 2022, 9am - 3pm
Friday, 9 September 2022, 9am - 3pm
Friday, 23 September 2022, 9am - 3pm
Friday, 7 October 2022, 9am - 3pm
Feedback from previous participants included
"Very practical examples, delivery was fun and engaging."
"I found John very engaging and easy to listen to and the course content/frameworks were compelling, so the days went by quickly and it was easy to stay attentive and absorb the information.
"I appreciated the fact that we could share our own personal work experiences and the discussions."
"It was down to earth with practical applications. John was engaging with his class."
"The content was great, very relevant and very useful in our current situation."
"Lots of theory behind why things happen and some practical applications as to how to try to combat this."
"I would recommend this course to my organization for staff attendance on the next available similar course."
"The instructor was excellent - course material was very engaging I'm just in awe of all the materials and the teaching provided by John Whiteoak. 100%"
"I would recommend this to anyone wanting to take management to the next level."