The Clinical Board addresses the need for appropriate organisation wide clinical governance for USC's health service related activities.
The Terms of Reference acknowledge that as an inherent part of its educational program USC operates or is associated with the conduct and provision of clinics that provide health or health related services or functions.
The Board’s first significant output is the USC Clinical Governance Framework that addresses the important issues of patient safety, ongoing quality improvement, clinical performance and scope of practice and engagement with consumers. The Framework also covers clinics the USC is associated with but that are operated by a third party.
The ongoing focus of the Clinical Board is one of oversight of the delivery of these activities in accordance with the Clinical Governance Framework.
The Board does not operate or manage the clinics, that is the responsibility of the respective Schools and the leadership of the Clinical Trials Centre and the Sunshine Coast Mind and Neuroscience Thompson Institute.
The membership of the Board is:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) - Chair
- Head, School of Health and Sport Sciences
- Head, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- Head, School of Social Sciences (or nominee)
- Director, Sunshine Coast Mind and Neuroscience Thompson Institute
- Director, Clinical Trials Centre
- Associate Professor of Health Management
- Academic Lead, USC Clinical School
- Chief Financial Officer
- Manager, Health Hub Morayfield