Opening in 2002, the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast (IC) is a not-for-profit company owned by USC and is a champion of innovation in the region.
The IC has assisted more than 200 member companies, facilitated more than 245 USC student internships and job placements, and assisted IC members to raise more than A$36 million.
IC members and alumni have created at least 940 jobs and over A$60 million in economic value for the Sunshine Coast.
The IC mission is to assist smart start-up and high growth businesses on the Sunshine Coast and to promote beneficial interaction between these businesses and USC.
Key activities include:
- Provide catalytic programs, support, events and connections for innovative new ventures
- Strengthen the USC culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by assisting enterprising students, researchers and graduates
- Facilitate and support USC R&D commercialisation pathways
- Assist USC to strengthen engagement and outreach with our communities
- Ensure we have resources and capacity to make a quantifiable impact
- The Business Accelerator—assisting innovators with programs, mentoring, flexible office space and business development support
The development of IC is an important part of USC's commitment to regional engagement and to supporting the growth of new jobs in knowledge-based industries.
For more information refer to the Innovation Centre website or telephone +61 7 5450 2600.