Immerse yourself for a full day or more either on campus at UniSC Sunshine Coast or via Zoom in a unique dual mode format designed for ‘Soul Economy’ during challenging times.
With a focus on an authentic Education of Place, and First Nations Ways of Being and Knowing, our Steiner Education Masterclasses offer participants a dynamic, cross-curricular process-based experience for early childhood, primary or high school Steiner educators.
The Masterclasses are aimed at educators in Steiner schools who would like to deepen and expand their practice and pedagogy and create rich, relevant approaches, content and progressions for the year ahead. Depending on your Steiner experience, participants will receive a UniSC certificate of participation equivalent to their attendance hours of professional development.
For those new to Steiner Education, we welcome you to enrol in our one-day Introduction to Steiner Education. The day introduces Steiner’s approaches and pedagogy in a hands-on and experiential way, and includes a lecture, workshops, discussions and creative activities. This is a prerequisite for anyone wanting to complete a Masterclass who does not have experience in Steiner Education.
Course facilitators are Dr Shelley Davidow, UniSC’s School of Education and Tertiary Access, and Early Childhood educator Carol Liknaitzky.
We are excited and honoured that First Nations cultural educators / artists will be sharing their insights with us. Participants of all Steiner Education Masterclasses are welcome to these sessions.
Feedback from former participants
- A great course to invigorate you for the New Year.
- A fresh and inspiring introduction to where Steiner Education is and is going in the future.
- The facilitators are excellent!
- Inspiring, insightful and valuable.
- Steiner inspires a new, holistic approach to education that EVERYONE should know about.
- A great course to place Steiner’s pedagogy in a contemporary context.
- Many thanks. I love walking away from a course empowered and less concerned about the future. I LOVED the practical ideas and strategies.
- If you are searching for how Steiner’s indications can serve us in educating children today in a contemporary Australian society, with open-mindedness and deep, thought-provoking discussion, this is for you.
- I fully recommend promoting this within our schools when we get back.