Beginner and Intermediate Language Courses
USC is offering short courses in a range of different languages and skill levels to suit your ability and aspirations. Our reputation for delivering a quality teaching experience through highly proficient teaching staff in a relaxed learning environment will give you every opportunity to succeed.
Choose from 5 different languages
Chinese (Mandarin), French, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish
* Intermediate classes offered in all languages with sufficient community interest.
The courses are coordinated by Dr Peter Grainger, School of Education and Tertiary Access, an applied linguist with a PhD in Language Learning Strategies, and an experienced teacher for 25 years in Queensland schools. The courses are delivered by practising accredited school teachers.
Beginner and intermediate classes are delivered over an 8 week period, 2 hours per week, from 6pm to 8pm.
2021 start dates for beginner classes
- Mon 19 July
- Mon 11 October
A$360 registration fee
- Talk Mandarin Chinese book and CD pack
- Talk French 1
- New Italian Espresso 1 Textbook and DVD
- Marugoto: Japanese language and culture Starter A1 Coursebook
- Talk Spanish book and CD pack