Beginner and Elementary Language Courses
USC is offering short courses in a range of different languages and skill levels to suit your ability and aspirations. Our reputation for delivering a quality teaching experience through highly proficient teaching staff in a relaxed learning environment will give you every opportunity to succeed.
Choose from 5 different languages
Chinese (Mandarin), French, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish
* Elementary classes offered in all languages with sufficient community interest.
The courses are coordinated by Dr Peter Grainger, School of Education and Tertiary Access, an applied linguist with a PhD in Language Learning Strategies, and an experienced teacher for 25 years in Queensland schools. The courses are delivered by practising accredited school teachers.
Beginner classes are delivered over an 8 week period, 2 hours per week, from 6pm to 8pm.
2021 start dates for beginner classes
- Mon 8 February
- Tue 4 May
- Mon 11 October
To register visit the events page.
A$360 registration fee
- Talk Mandarin Chinese book and CD pack
- Talk French 1
- New Italian Espresso 1 Textbook and DVD
- Marugoto: Japanese language and culture Starter A1 Coursebook
- Talk Spanish book and CD pack