The USC Rise, and Shine Sporting Excellence Award recognises one outstanding Year 10 student from each school who meets the necessary sporting, academic, character and aspirational criteria.
What will recipients of the award receive?
- Acknowledgement of their efforts with a certificate of recognition from USC.
- An exclusive invitation to a USC Rise, and Shine Leadership Day - a special event filled with leadership activities, motivational guest speakers and the opportunity to network with mentors and peers. The event will be held on Thursday 28 November at the USC Sunshine Coast campus.
Schools are encouraged to present the USC Rise, and Shine awards at their school awards ceremony.
Nominations close Friday 15 November.
Make a nomination
To be eligible for selection for a Rise, and Shine Sporting Excellence award, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in Year 10 at a Queensland Secondary School
- Demonstrate consistent, high-level achievement in their chosen sport (minimum state-level representation)
- Demonstrate a consistently positive attitude in all sporting endeavours, showing respect for themselves, other players and officials
- Maintain at least a B grade across their subjects
- Intend to pursue university studies upon completion of Year 12
USC Rise, and Shine Leadership Lunch
Held on Thursday November 28 at the USC Sunshine Coast campus Innovation Centre, this event will be an opportunity for award recipients to immerse themselves in USC life.
Highlights of the day include students networking with other award winners and USC staff, engaging in leadership and goal setting activities and hearing from guest speakers Peace Proscovia, Sunshine Coast Lightning and Cam Greenwood, Founder of Monsta Surf and Miraki Creative.
For more details visit USC Rise, and Shine Leadership Lunch.
If your school is currently not included in this initiative and would be like to be considered for future awards or for further information, please contact Tania Stevenson on email: firstname.lastname@example.org